Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Payco

510 Question

Recommended Posts

Guys. After some advice. I like the Rota Shakotan rims and am currently looking at a set for my 1971 Datsun 1600 SSS coupe. I am looking to lower the car for street use and trying to understand what size wheels and offsets I should be considering. I see they only come in 15 inch diameter. So the question is what offsets have those that are running them purchased for their lowered 510s ?.

 

Martin

 

Share this post


Link to post

are your front struts stock?

 

if yes I believe 95% +20 and +25 fit EZ under there.  But to get the front really low to get the looks you might have to go coil cover set up and I used a 7inch spring dialed all the way down using the stock perch height with the new welded perch.

 

i like the Rota OS wheels if I would do it again

Share this post


Link to post

Yes car is all stock. So 15 front and back, 7 inch wide with +20 and +25 will fit ?.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

USA spec 510s

it fit my friends 510 wagon +20mm Rota RBs

My 510 Rota RB silver +25mm  going

 

Other and give their specs of what worked

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Payco said:

Yes car is all stock. So 15 front and back, 7 inch wide with +20 and +25 will fit ?.

 

Yes, I have 15X7 +22 with 205 50 rear 195 50 front, although depending on the tire size you may need to roll the inner fender lip in the rear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Alot will depend on the tire... I am running Rota RBs 15x7 +25 on the front with some Falken Azenis 205/50r15 (known to measure wide) and I needed a 10mm spacer to happily clear the 510 strut on my '71 510 --- so essentially making it a +15 wheel --- also had to roll the fenders a little bit. If you went with a 195 tire you would probably be ok in both the fender and strut clearance. Out back running the same set up and the +25 puts the inside edge of the wheel very close to the a-arm - can't run a clip on wheel weight on the inside, had to roll the rear fenders a bit as well which is tough on a 4 door with the seam... might be easier on a 2 door. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, demo243 said:

Alot will depend on the tire... I am running Rota RBs 15x7 +25 on the front with some Falken Azenis 205/50r15 (known to measure wide) and I needed a 10mm spacer to happily clear the 510 strut on my '71 510 --- so essentially making it a +15 wheel --- also had to roll the fenders a little bit. If you went with a 195 tire you would probably be ok in both the fender and strut clearance. Out back running the same set up and the +25 puts the inside edge of the wheel very close to the a-arm - can't run a clip on wheel weight on the inside, had to roll the rear fenders a bit as well which is tough on a 4 door with the seam... might be easier on a 2 door. 

 

Use stick on mag wheel weights and center on the barrel rather than using inner and outer wheel weights.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

 

Use stick on mag wheel weights and center on the barrel rather than using inner and outer wheel weights.

 

Yea that's what I am using. When I got the wheels they had some inner clamp on wheel weights.

 

I mentioned it as it is something you need to specify to the tech mounting and balancing your tires.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.