510 Question

Payco

Guys. After some advice. I like the Rota Shakotan rims and am currently looking at a set for my 1971 Datsun 1600 SSS coupe. I am looking to lower the car for street use and trying to understand what size wheels and offsets I should be considering. I see they only come in 15 inch diameter. So the question is what offsets have those that are running them purchased for their lowered 510s ?.

Martin

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Payco said:

Yes car is all stock. So 15 front and back, 7 inch wide with +20 and +25 will fit ?.

Yes, I have 15X7 +22 with 205 50 rear 195 50 front, although depending on the tire size you may need to roll the inner fender lip in the rear.

• Like 1

Alot will depend on the tire... I am running Rota RBs 15x7 +25 on the front with some Falken Azenis 205/50r15 (known to measure wide) and I needed a 10mm spacer to happily clear the 510 strut on my '71 510 --- so essentially making it a +15 wheel --- also had to roll the fenders a little bit. If you went with a 195 tire you would probably be ok in both the fender and strut clearance. Out back running the same set up and the +25 puts the inside edge of the wheel very close to the a-arm - can't run a clip on wheel weight on the inside, had to roll the rear fenders a bit as well which is tough on a 4 door with the seam... might be easier on a 2 door. 

2 hours ago, demo243 said:

Alot will depend on the tire... I am running Rota RBs 15x7 +25 on the front with some Falken Azenis 205/50r15 (known to measure wide) and I needed a 10mm spacer to happily clear the 510 strut on my '71 510 --- so essentially making it a +15 wheel --- also had to roll the fenders a little bit. If you went with a 195 tire you would probably be ok in both the fender and strut clearance. Out back running the same set up and the +25 puts the inside edge of the wheel very close to the a-arm - can't run a clip on wheel weight on the inside, had to roll the rear fenders a bit as well which is tough on a 4 door with the seam... might be easier on a 2 door. 

Use stick on mag wheel weights and center on the barrel rather than using inner and outer wheel weights.

2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Use stick on mag wheel weights and center on the barrel rather than using inner and outer wheel weights.

Yea that's what I am using. When I got the wheels they had some inner clamp on wheel weights.

I mentioned it as it is something you need to specify to the tech mounting and balancing your tires.