510 wagon tailgate hinge cover

Any goon owners have any info on the plastic tailgate hinge cover. My wagon is missing this piece and they are very hard to find. I want to get one made out of aluminum. I'm any kind of dimensions etc I can use as a guide and I can't even find a trashed original cover I can use as a template.

5E4Pd5r.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/29/2019 at 3:30 AM, thisismatt said:

Ray (mrbigtanker) probably has a pile of them 

If he does have 1 and is willing to sell it the freight to Australia would be very expensive and then I have to hope that a piece of 45yr old plastic would make it in 1 piece.

23 hours ago, hang_510 said:

I have a  cracked and repaired available.

I'll trade it for a custom aluminum one.

Unfortunately I live in Australia. Doesn't look like anyone has any info regarding dimensions that I can use so I will find as many pics as I can, give them to my mate who is an awesome fabricator and see how we go.

41 minutes ago, blairis said:

Unfortunately I live in Australia. Doesn't look like anyone has any info regarding dimensions that I can use so I will find as many pics as I can, give them to my mate who is an awesome fabricator and see how we go.

Did you PM mrbigtanker or did you want me to make a formal introduction?

• Like 1

Craig (Tokyo-2u) probably has some.  He's closer to you than all us US mainlanders..

You can contact him through facebook or ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_sop=10&_ssn=tokyo-2u&item=161319330872&_osacat=0&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBUAA%3AUS%3A1120&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdatsun.TRS0&_nkw=datsun&_sacat=0

Edited by carterb
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 12:17 AM, blairis said:

Any goon owners have any info on the plastic tailgate hinge cover. My wagon is missing this piece and they are very hard to find. I want to get one made out of aluminum. I'm any kind of dimensions etc I can use as a guide and I can't even find a trashed original cover I can use as a template.

5E4Pd5r.jpg

I managed to score one from the Datsun Fairy yesterday along with a set of NOS taillights for my Wagon. I will take some measurements this weekend and send them your way. I’m going to try to make some fiberglass copies once I repair the cracks and chips along the edge. 

Luis.

• Like 1