620 suspension swap

Jalj47

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It handles just short of 300 ft lbs.of torque. Nothing can survive long if you abuse it with 6K clutch dumps and five minute one tire fires. If you just drive it, (even drive it hard) it'll be fine.

D21 Hardbodys are too wide for the 620.

• Like 1

The only Nissan option for the H-190 differential is the '88-'93 D21 Hardbody. It was an option so it will be somewhat rare and only offered on the KA24E 4 cylinder 2wd trucks. The gearing is crap 3.889, 3. 70 and 3.545 but you can swap in your gears. No way to tell but to either spin the rear axle or look for a small orange sticker on the back of the housing 'bum'

pC6nd8I.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm with the rest of the guys on this one. The gears are not the weak point. The lack of a cheap limited slip is the weak point.

If you want to swap in a rear axle that has similar width, 6 lug shafts and tons of aftermarket options (like cheap limited slip), swap in a Toyota 4x4 rear axle. If you want to convert to 5 lug, use a 2wd Toyota rear axle. Same diff options.

All in, I bet it wouldn't cost $750 to swap in a Toyota axle and add a limited slip. Much less than the cost of a H190 LSD...if you can find one.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...