Honda Rebel Chopper Build

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This project got postponed while I do a suspension swap on the White 1995 Hardbody. Thread can be found here: 
https://ratsun.net/topic/69795-1995-nissan-hardbody-2wd-build/page/2/

I should be back on the Rebel in Mid May. Planning for a July completion. 😉

~Peter

• 6 months later...

Doing the same hardtail conversion on my 1985 rebel 250. Was wondering if you ever got the project finished? If so what did you do for spacers on the back wheel? What about axle adjusters? Would love to see pics and pic your brain sometime on this stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 12:37 AM, E.419 said:

Doing the same hardtail conversion on my 1985 rebel 250. Was wondering if you ever got the project finished? If so what did you do for spacers on the back wheel? What about axle adjusters? Would love to see pics and pic your brain sometime on this stuff.

Project had to be postponed, got sidelined first with my Hardbody Nissan build, and then life got wacky for me and I've been so busy with work and other commitments that both projects are stalled. I will finish them both this winter hopefully. 

My plan for spacers, is I've been using washers for mockup, and then I'll measure up what I need and have a buddy machine me a spacer out of round stock the same diameter as the OEM spacer. 

As for adjusters, I ordered up a set I believe that came on modern Honda 250cc dirt bikes, and I'm going to adapt them for tensioning. I tried to figure out a chain idler wheel to take up the slack, but it look to unwieldy and ugly that I decided the rear mount axle adjusters was better. The bike is really close to completion, I bet I could finish it in a month of solid work once I get time. 

Feel free to email me directly and I'll help you as much as I can, I have lots of schematics and research on this conversion. 

caprockfabshop@gmail.com

~Peter

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 7:31 PM, datsunfreak said:

And?  😁

And the shutdown hit. Had to prioritize as much paying work as possible and I'm just now getting to a point where I can get back to personal projects. I did just finish building a 4x8 welding table that this bike will fit on so I'm off the ground and able to do some more fixture welding of brackets and the rear assembly. Should have updates soon. 

~Peter

• Like 3
On 10/26/2020 at 7:03 AM, datsunfreak said:

I figured as much. Your instagram has been kinda dead.  😁

Yeah, too many distractions on there. My plan of attack is to get the rebel finished over the next few months and then drag the 95 Hardbody back in and get back on that. 

Here's pics of the table. 4'x8' 5/16" mild steel (just the top weighs 408lbs!)  All the tubing is 1/8" wall so its capable of supporting up to 3800lbs. Overall the table weighs 720lbs!!!  Sits at 33" tall which is perfect for rolling a chair under it for tig welding. It'll be the workspace for the rebel so I can make a fixture to bolt the frame of the bike to the table at ride height and do better fabrication without working on the ground and having it roll around on me. 
7fJ0Sif_rAFv915OKiklTokunJwlslPzx3xQaFoZ

eOMm9WNruYI3xyVr3iKRp2VQNnBoC34E_qhLqbhd

~Peter

• Like 1

Close, they do actually come in handy for grabbing it and pulling it around. But they're primarily there to help me with lifting the table. I built it upside down taking advantage of the relatively level concrete, and then needed to flip it to get it right side up. That was a bit of an ordeal...2hHW6gAPynWvOXlOAkL-1okGPxUALQar-36yF3iX

BFQYcl06b_dU_F7CLEnVbWNbwGE7N4ffBeOMjB0I

5 hours ago, petercscherer said:

Close, they do actually come in handy for grabbing it and pulling it around. But they're primarily there to help me with lifting the table. I built it upside down taking advantage of the relatively level concrete, and then needed to flip it to get it right side up. That was a bit of an ordeal...

I actually thought they were a place to run straps to so you can strap down a bike.  😁

1 hour ago, Mattndew76 said:

I cant see the pictures

I couldn't either on my phone, but just looked here on my computer and they show up just fine. They're hosted off my google photos account, that may have something to do with it. 

~Peter

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 2:57 AM, Dima85 said:
Hello. Have you completed the honda rebel project? Would love to see a photo of what happened.

Hi Dima, I've made zero progress on the Rebel in the past 2 years. Had a couple acquaintances die in motorcycle accidents here in W Texas and I have come to realize that the odds of survival diminish on 2 wheels, especially around here. Too many big trucks and people driving distracted. So work continues on my Nissan Hardbody Race Truck as I ponder the future of this build. Thanks for checking in!
~Peter

• Like 1
  • Sad 1