Test fit 510 goon front spook

rosso

Not sure about adding a front spook to the goon project so did a test fit today. I saw a bunch of these at Canby and wasn't crazy about them in body color.

It's fiberglass of unknown origin and does not have brake ducts. ?

But I rather like the black.

45206453194_dbb394479a_b.jpg

45881132032_9951d845ce_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like spooks.

They make the car look 10x better and probably let me drive the car 10 mph faster than otherwise. I like that spook design, did you get at Canby?

I agree on the color, too. Body color spooks are weird on street cars. Sometimes the historic 510s can get away with it. 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:58 AM, BambooU said:

I like spooks.

They make the car look 10x better and probably let me drive the car 10 mph faster than otherwise. I like that spook design, did you get at Canby?

I agree on the color, too. Body color spooks are weird on street cars. Sometimes the historic 510s can get away with it. 

The spook came with the car from my son and he was thinking of adding a little splitter on the bottom of it. I am not so sure about adding anything more that will stick out or lower because I don't want to break it. He seemed to think it was a BRE 1200 design?

On 11/17/2018 at 4:45 PM, rosso said:

Not sure about adding a front spook to the goon project so did a test fit today. I saw a bunch of these at Canby and wasn't crazy about them in body color.

It's fiberglass of unknown origin and does not have brake ducts. ?

But I rather like the black.

45206453194_dbb394479a_b.jpg

45881132032_9951d845ce_b.jpg

I might dig the black if all the other black was darker.  Right now it looks out of place.  Clean up the grill, black out the bumperettes and gloss the tires for a photo shoot!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tr8er said:

I might dig the black if all the other black was darker.  Right now it looks out of place.  Clean up the grill, black out the bumperettes and gloss the tires for a photo shoot!

Thanks for suggestions, it's a project car at the beginning of life - all may come in time. Firsties I needz a motor, and clutch, and rebuild brakes, gets tires, battery, carb, headers.

My first 510 had black grille center and I will do that since it was the best.

All I know at this point (after the test fit and looking at it for a few days) is I like something black better than all solid body color. Maybe as Brandon photoshopped (thanks).

• Like 1
On 12/1/2018 at 12:38 AM, rosso said:

My first 510 had black grille center and I will do that since it was the best.

Remember to black out the valence that shows behind the grill!!! Nothing worse than a nice black grill will body or primer color showing through it

• Like 1