Parting out '82 4x4 720

JVW

I'm sorry to say that my ol' 1982 Datsun 720 blew another head gasket due to a shit thermostat that stuck and I didn't notice.

She died one summer day in Vermont, and like a good horse, got me into the driveway before she went.

I've got:

Brand new OEM taillight assembly

New tires as of last year 235/75/15 Wrangler AT

Spare 5 speed transmission

Everything else. . . all original down to the bumpers

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to say that my ol' 1982 Datsun 720 blew another head gasket due to a shit thermostat that stuck and I didn't notice.

She died one summer day in Vermont, and like a good horse, got me into the driveway before she went.

I've got:

Brand new OEM taillight assembly

New tires as of last year 235/75/15 Wrangler AT

Spare 5 speed transmission

Everything else. . . all original down to the bumpers

I can't help but wonder why not just do a new head gasket?

And you say another head gasket, so did this happened to you before?

If so did you Have the block and head checked foe flatness last time?

• Like 1

Repeated head gasket failure is probably a warped head. I also learned this the hard way. $30-$50 to have it milled down and a $20 head gasket from NAPA and back on the road again.

That's what I was thinking.... made the mistake on a subaru not milling the heads... gaskets blew 9 month later....

• Like 1

Love to have those tires. BF Goodrich!!!!!!!

better just milled the head and reinstall as those are good tires to be used!!!!!! But I seen a 720 and the emissions would just kill me getting at all the bolts ect.... I feel your pain. Just the later L20bs the intake/carbs manifolf to head bolts are a pain to get at.

Neiboor had a cheap Korean made Ford Aspire. Was smashed in front and back. he said he was going to rebuild the car cause he just put new tires on there. WTF!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1