Home Built by Jeff

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Very nice work.  I love diamond stitch and yours is coming together nicely.

• Like 1

Nice work, Jeff.  I wish I could get some instruction on upholstery.  I know the machines are expensive, but I'd like to try it.  Having an upholstery shop do anything these days is usually an expensive proposition.

• Like 1

Been there!  My buddy and I always say if you aren't bleeding you aren't trying.

Regarding tint - spray the tint directly with straight ammonia.  Place a piece of black plastic bag over it, basically using the wetness to stick the plastic down.  Set in direct sunlight for 3 or 4 hours.  Then only peel back enough plastic to pull some tint and work it off.  Keep some on hand to continue spraying.  Ammonia will break down tint glue, which is why "tint safe" car window cleaner is always ammonia free.

• Like 1

I am continuing to love your build. With how clean this thing is any reason you didn't go ahead and really scrub the transmission before bolting it onto the engine?

3 hours ago, Aaron Datsun said:

I am continuing to love your build. With how clean this thing is any reason you didn't go ahead and really scrub the transmission before bolting it onto the engine?

It is pretty clean, it is more that it is stained. I will tidy it up a bit more and paint it in the next episode 😉

You Better! kidding obviously. I have been following your build, love it. Sorry about the head wound. You and a few other dudes on youtube have inspired me to keep a good video log of my work, your ability to edit and produce videos has me well outpaced. besides me not doing as much work as you, I think my gopro 3+ is starting to show its age. I look forward to next weeks episode

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aaron Datsun said:

You Better! kidding obviously. I have been following your build, love it. Sorry about the head wound. You and a few other dudes on youtube have inspired me to keep a good video log of my work, your ability to edit and produce videos has me well outpaced. besides me not doing as much work as you, I think my gopro 3+ is starting to show its age. I look forward to next weeks episode

If you go back and watch my first video on my 911 it is pretty bad, with a hand held GoPro wobbling everywhere. You learn filming and editing as you go, just like working on cars 😉 

• Like 1