• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

The length is not the issue, it is more about the diameter of the knurl

Yes, but the later studs fix both problems.  😁

As do these from ARP (part #100-7708), but they change the pitch to a more common 12x1.5 instead of the Subaru/Nissan only 12x1.25.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARP-100-7708-Wheel-Studs-12mm-x-1-50-Late-Model-GM-Set-of-5-Camaro-Corvette/360751034942?epid=671575124&hash=item53fe6ff23e:g:63AAAOxyTkJSRHHc&frcectupt=true

4 hours ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

The length is not the issue, it is more about the diameter of the knurl

Yes, of course. My point is that there's a 9mm longer stud with the correct knurl diameter and thread pitch available over the counter at your local Nissan dealer. 

• Like 1
On 3/31/2019 at 7:56 AM, Tedman said:

FYI- Factory Nissan wheel studs p/n 43222-50J00 are 9mm longer, if that'll be enough for your setup. 

WiYF0Zx.jpg

I already have 42mm studs on the rear, but they are too short. The ones on the front are around 36mm, but they still they still need another 10mm to get full engagement on the nuts. I am very tempted to just drill out the hubs so the studs I have fit.

54 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

I did extended studs on my honda civic back in the day like this:

3991509097_c23b12a01c_o.jpg

and had open ended nuts from spoon sports on them. May want to just go overboard with it.

I have sorted them in tonights episode. Some may not like how I did it, but I ended up drilling out the hubs to use the studs I have. Worked great.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

It is still not done yet, and even though the next project is not a Z, I think it will be worth watching 😉

Nah, your channel has a subscriber. Your content you put out is not only quality, but you're not afraid to show your mistakes and show others how you get past problems you experience with your ride. Your content is very much appreciated in general. Thank you. 

• Like 2
On 4/17/2019 at 2:59 AM, Home Built by Jeff said:

The 911 will be getting closure soon. Nobody wants it more than me.

The Alfa is next and that should be a big one 😄 

I love the porsche, but I came on board with the Z and love it, glad you are pretty much there with it. Love the new paint booth. I am really excited for the Alfa

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...