SOCAL Datsun Weekend Nov 8th & 9th (toys 4 tots & Superior Nissan)

rivdat620

Next weekend there are 2 events as seen in other threads first on Saturday at the DHM Murrieta (bring a toy and donation) and Sunday at Superior Nissan City of Industry. Both events start at ten and end mid afternoon. From what it sounds like it would be nice for individual groups to caravan in together so hopefully we can park together. Ratsuners and SWDP members that means you where would we like to meet up I would venture to say around 9AM. It sounds like RON knows Industry pretty well and I have only flown through it on my way to LA and only stopped once at the IKEA (for the wife I swear). I am planning on attending both since I missed JCCS and have a jones to roll in the Datsun. I saw remarks from a few SWDP guys on here so now that there is one thread for the whole weekend lets do a roll call. To all the Ratsuners that want to meet other Ratsuners us truck guys are easy to find we are the only guys having a DATSUN tailgate party.

My only question is about the superior show? Once we are in are we locked in till 4 or can we sneak out a little early like around 2:30 (Hockey Game @ 5).

Well gentlemen hope to see everyone there and let the DATSUNS roll!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sat for the museum thing. You guys could meet at the corner of date & Jefferson. For the SWDP to roll in together, There is a restaurant on both corners. Siggies on the south & a mexican place on the north.

(GREAT FOOD)

On Sunday I think I could meet ya. off the 15 & 91. Then we can meet up with Ron, Jason,& Chris off the 60 Fwy. Ron where ya at ?

Ron where ya at ?

I am in Chino right off the 60 fwy...trouble is I will just get there at 10 a.m. Sunday...got Church which gets out at 9 so by the time I pick up Ray and head out, it will be close to 10 by the time I get there.....but be there I will...Also, i have promised Ray's wife i will get him home early Also, so like Robert, i am gonna be lookin to book early as well................

Here is more information on the November 8 Toy Drive.

There are three caravans meeing so far. More infor on this at the very bottom of page:

Saturday November 8th from 10:00am to 3:00pm there will be a Show & Shine Toy Drive at The Datsun Heritage Museum. This event will be open to ALL 1978 or older Datsuns.

This is a Free event, no fee to participate or to go through the museum.

*Live Classic Rock by "The Whipple Road Band"*

Be sure to check out our onsite vendors

*McKinney Motorsports* *SoCal JAX WAX* *Gude Performance*

Farmers Insurance Agent will be on hand to give discount rates on Classic Car Insurance

Come out and show off your Datsun and bring a toy for some underprivileged children (unwrapped gift worth at least $10.00)

Toys will be given to The Shriners Crippled Children's Hospital.

This event is sponsored by The Datsun Heritage Museum and the Southern California Roadster Owners Club (SoCalROC)

Come see an 88 year old vehicle that gave Mr. K the idea to build the 240Z

All Correspondence should be sent to socalroc@gmail.com 1-888-713-2476

The Datsun Heritage Museum is located at:

41610 Date Street # 103

Murrieta, CA 92562

http://www.datsunheritagemuseum.com/

==========================================

Here is information on the caravans. There is the one from San Diego, please meet at Classic Datsun Motorsports (345 Olive Avenue, Vista, 92083; 760-940-6365) between 8:15 and 8:30 next Saturday morning.

The one meeting at the Irvine Spectrum meets at 9:00am and will be traveling the Ortega Highway, if you are catching this caravan contact Andrew via email at solex675@hotmail.com

The one from Riverside will be meeting at the Breyer home and leaving Riverside around 8:00am, for this caravan you can contact Chris Breyer via email at fairlady66@gmail.com .

If these times do not work for you, please feel free to head out to the Museum on your own. It is located at:

The Datsun Heritage Museum

41610 Date Street # 103

Murrieta, CA 92562

We look forward to a great showing, this is for a great cause. Thank you for your support and see you next Saturday November 8th at the Datsun Heritage Museum. oh, and don't forget a toy!

For questions regarding the Show & Shine Toy Drive please contact socalroc@gmail.com

I spoke with Mike at Superior Nissan about the Sunday event and he said it was an open event so you could come and go at any time, cool! I would still like to have a few SWDP guys meet up so that we can have kind of a truck section and even try to save a spot for Ron. I am hoping Jason (Datsun Dreamer) checks in but will call him if we dont hear from him. Mark glad to hear you are going to make it to Saturdays event! Datrod that sounds good but we should probably meet at the 15 & 60 since the 60 is our route to City of Industry. Chris (73Dat) was wondering if you wanted to meet at your 215 entrance to go to Saturdays meet and go down to the meeting spot in Murrieta. I am North of you so I will be traveling south towards your entrance. It all sounds good so hopefully it will come together!

Robert...as far as Sunday is concerned...come west on the 60 to Fullerton Road. As you exit the Freeway, Gale ave is almost right in front of you....Now then, about 300 yrds from the off ramp on Gale is a Home Depot ......about 1/2 mile from Superior Nissan...you guys could meet in that parking lot and "truck on in from there"

Well it sounds like there is going to be a great turn out for the ALL Datsun Show & Shine Toy Drive '08 at the Datsun Heritage Museum this Saturday. There has been so much talk about this event throughout the entire Datsun community, it is going to be fun to have all these classic Datsuns together and have a great time at a great place. I just want to make sure that those of you that are coming out do not forget to bring a $10 unwrapped toy for the children.

We are looking forward to a great event and a wonderful time.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at socalroc@gmail.com or 1-888-713-2476

Cheers

is going to be a Datsun Roadsters caravan coming from Riverside,wifey is going to meet them at the Hwy 74,right ahead of Perris,I will be there to,they will be leaving about 8:30 am,caravan coming from VanBuren Ave.So Robert let me know who else is coming,Jason,you,me,WE will be at the exit about 9:00-9:10 am..............:D

Hey guys! I should be able to make this:) been real busy at work but hopefully i should get this saturday off:D!

Chris, Will the meet up be off the 215?

Ron, Should be at this one as well:D Havent seen the message on the sign yet:confused: My truck routes have been in S.B/riverside and Orange county lately:rolleyes:!

Chris are you going to be on the shoulder of the 215 at the 74 or what? Where will I find you? email me your cell number if need be so we can touch base. We are leaving my house about 8:15. I will be in my Red Roadster and my wife in her 521. I am sure she will love dropping in to a formation of other trucks.

Let me know,

Chris

fairlady66@gmail.com

Jason,yes of the 215,call me if need to,touch bases with Robert,is going to be a Datsun Roadsters caravan + a 521 truck with them,we are going to meet with them right off the 215,let me know...................:D

Saturday, I would like to caravan down there but would like to meet the other trucks, Mark, Ron? a block away where Datrod Suggested in the parking lot of Siggys restaurant (Date & Jefferson) at 9:45 AM.

Chris as far as the Caravan I can meet you at the 74 and 215 at I think you said 9:00 AM but please correct the time if I am wrong.

Jason, glad to here from you. If you want to caravan 15 miles to the Siggys meeting spot then you can meet us off the 215 at the 74 at 9:00 AM. That makes for a longer trip getting over to the 215. Let us know and we will look for you at either spot.

Chris, Jason, Datrod, sdsurf, Mark and hang 510, on Sunday we could meet for a caravan west of the 15 off of the 60 at Haven there is a Wendy's on the left once you exit right. I say we meet there at 8:30 AM and then meet everyone else at the Home Depot parking lot in Industry at 9:30 AM. Let me know if this sounds good.

Sounds like the shows will be good, thanks to fairlady for all the info! I already told the wife to pick up a toy when she was out! Talk to you guys soon!

Good to see all of the organization. SWDP will be there! I can only make the Sat museum toy drive & will have to leave no later than 1. Deffinately wanna hang out w/ you guys for a bit. Ill call Guy tonight & see if he plans on coming down Sat to the toy drive.

Hey Chris, I think our caravan will be going by the 215 and the 74 closer to 8:45, maybe a little earlier. Leaving riverside about 8:15, if you are stopped on the shoulder it will make it easier to find you. drop me an email and let me know what you think.

Chris Breyer

fairlady66@gmail.com

Edited by fairlady66

hey Guy's & gal's I have to get to the museum early and help with set up.

So I'll see ya there. We can talk about sunday when we are hanging at the museum. This is going to be a great weekend. :D

Awesome turnout guys, sorry I left my camera at home but Mark and Chris both took pictures. There were 7 trucks, roadsters, 510's, Z's and a B210. Cool man, we gotta support the museum at all future events what a great cause. Thanks to all the SWDP members who came and it was great to meet some new people. Thanks to the museum for putting us in the lot!

SUNDAY, we are set to meet at the haven/60 exit at 8:45 AM and then the Home Depot in Industry at 9:30-45 AM. John/Datrod are you going to meet us at the Haven spot, Sorry but we didnt get to talk about that!

Thanks again another great Datsun gathering!

Awesome turnout guys, sorry I left my camera at home but Mark and Chris both took pictures. There were 7 trucks, roadsters, 510's, Z's and a B210. Cool man, we gotta support the museum at all future events what a great cause. Thanks to all the SWDP members who came and it was great to meet some new people. Thanks to the museum for putting us in the lot!

SUNDAY, we are set to meet at the haven/60 exit at 8:45 AM and then the Home Depot in Industry at 9:30-45 AM. John/Datrod are you going to meet us at the Haven spot, Sorry but we didnt get to talk about that!

Thanks again another great Datsun gathering!

Ya I'll see ya there. 60 & haven 8:45 or so. What am I looking for gas station or what?

museumrodstershow006.jpg

The ratsun SWDP crew, This bunch know's how to roll. tables, chairs, pop up.

at home wherever they go.

museumrodstershow012.jpg

The trucks.

museumrodstershow011.jpg

the goon

museumrodstershow010.jpg

Nice rodster

museumrodstershow008.jpg

bre replica

museumrodstershow009.jpg

510 race car

Edited by datrod