Jump to content

Oregon - Can You Transfer an Old Plate to Another Vehicle?

Recommended Posts

                   I have an old Gold/Blue Oregon plate (expired) on the B210 parts car.

I was wondering if anyone wanted it,or can transfer it to another vehicle.

            The plate # is HLY 521  (HOLY 521). I'd rather give it away than have it go

to the wrecking yard. 

Link to comment
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not registered to the car it came off of from the oregon dmv, then they will charge you the same as a custom plate to run it. That means registration + $200 every 2 years.


I wouldn't toss the plate though. I bet hogie would want it if you are just going to toss it. He is an oregon 521 guy.

Link to comment

You can transfer current (not expired) plates to another vehicle, costs like $20, if the plate is expired then it's the $86 for two years plus transfer fee ($20) that's what I've been told at the DMV last time I renewed my plates few months ago, another $70 for new title if it needs to be done too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

It's different with old plates. I asked the DMV about some OG pacific wonderland plates from ebay.. that's where they said it would be considered a custom plate. Cannot transfer plates from a car you don't own. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.