shipping rims

you guys know any way to find wheel boxes or a box that fits a set of 18" wheels w/out tires? i have tried calling local rim shops but they are just assholes about it. anybody know of a safe cheap way to package them? i am starting my own mail order wheel business. j/k but i get discounted shipping at work and can find good deals here in atlanta on titans and escalade wheels.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U Haul has a variety of sizes of boxes. Also check your local computer store. I think that a pair of rims will go in some of the boxes that they ship towers in. FYI, the cheapest way to move bigger freight around the country is Greyhound. Medium fast but you ship damn near anything as long as it fits under the bus.

they will be cheaper to ship through UPS if you just wrap them in cardboard. just cut out two big circles for the top and bottom, and a long rectangle to cover the tire contact area. this is only through ups, i don't know about other shipping company's. i work next to ups.

Public Storage is where I got my boxes.

20" x 20" x20" is perfect for stacking who wheels per box. I put a couple sheets of carboard between them so the faces don't scratch each other. I then cut the box height down so there was less air on top. They run about $5 per box.

They even have 18x18 I think but an 18 inch wheel is about 19" outside diameter.

Last year I shipped out a set of titans for a customer to Cali from Maryland and for the packing and shipping it came out to about $130. Then a few weeks ago we shipped out a set of some big baller chrome rims for a guy, those got taken care of real nice like, that one cost a pretty penny.

But yeah, just find some cheapo cardboard boxes and put them in there. Best ones to get would be double-walled boxes that way you dont have to worry about a smashed up box. If anything, just stick some extra cardboard between the wheel and the box and call it a day.