Ka24de

BigD

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston Copart. Auction ends 12-13-16

https://www.copart.com/lot/22986506/?resultIndex=19&totalRecords=345&backTo=%2FsaleListResult%2F11%3Flocation%3DTX%20-%20Houston&from=%2FlocationDetail%2F11&displayStr=Sale%20List%20for%20TX%20-%20Houston&viewedLot=22986506

Early 2WD Frontiers have KA24de. Get the intake off craigslist. The 240 drifter guys usually swap out these motors so parts can be found

Well my problem is a 86 Nissan Pickup Z24 with a blown motor as a 5 speed standard and a single cab my skill level is if I have instructions I can do just about anything I have R&R many Motors mainly I start with longlocks but occasionally have built a short block prefer not to mess with heads because you have to have so many specs to put them on I was reading on this forum where you should have a truck ka24de and a 240SX manifold and wiring harness except for Icehouse who makes the Box I guess you can use that and I probably would

I never really gave much thought to Nissan until I got this truck. couldn't find any Z24 Motors that had less than 250,000 miles on them so I thought it would be great to build the next one. it looks pretty simple just getting that truck ka24de and the 240SX intake and then somebody said I should use the head also. I don't know where do you stop you know what I mean then we can also go turbo. I'm not going to do that because of the expense and cost at this time so I guess without breaking the bank I would like to buy the truck ka24de and 240SX intake( don't know what year model I should use as there seems to be variations through all of them including the 240SX)

You know that going to a KA from a Z24 also means converting to EFI from a carburetor? All the wiring, different fuel pump etc.?

Why not get a DE from a truck. They have a throttle body intake that you can easily make an adapter plate for and run your Z24 carburetor on. Then you only need a distributor. No EFI or wiring, no looking for the 240sx intake, no fuel pump.

It's a KA24E but DE is similar... I think it has a DE now so read the project build for ideas.

CAM00063_zps8624674f.jpg

CAM00124_zpsdacba733.jpg

CAM00125_zps09510db0.jpg

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/3811-my-77-kc-620/page-19

If you have two wing nuts on the air filter you have throttle body Z24i.

I think my Z24 is throttle body injected so do I use my intake or the one on the Ka. also how long did they make that, 98 to when

Answered...

You know that going to a KA from a Z24 also means converting to EFI from a carburetor? All the wiring, different fuel pump etc.?

Why not get a DE from a truck. They have a throttle body intake that you can easily make an adapter plate for and run your Z24 carburetor on. Then you only need a distributor. No EFI or wiring, no looking for the 240sx intake, no fuel pump.

It's a KA24E but DE is similar... I think it has a DE now so read the project build for ideas.

CAM00063_zps8624674f.jpg

CAM00124_zpsdacba733.jpg

CAM00125_zps09510db0.jpg

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/3811-my-77-kc-620/page-19

If you have the TBI your distributor is a CAS (crank angle sensor) you will need a proper distributor. Read the link and see what Farmer Joe did

• Like 1

I don't know this so sorry if I seemed stupid I'm guessing the 240sx does not have throttle body injection

Not stupid and nothing that can't be fixed will lots of research. Both the truck and car KA24E and KA24DE have throttle bodies but multi point injection (one injector for each cylinder mounted right at the head ports.) The truck just uses a slightly different kind of vertically mounted throttle body, the 240sx is horizontal.  The truck KAs lend themselves to a vertical mounted carburetor is all.