521 KA24 Motor Mounts

]2eDeYe

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Transmission brackets are out to the laser cutter. Hope to get a good turn around on them and we'll get to see how they fit soon.

In other news, I have been working one of our members on SR20 mounts for the L series 521, part of that will be a trans mount for the SR transmission.
This also allows me to design SR20 mounts for the 620 as well. Will need some guys for test fitting, but I will start another thread for that process when those get welded up. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The mount is looking good.  Hows is the angle of the motor front to back with your front and rear mounts installed.  Should try to keep stock.  When I build mounts I level the carb mounting surface on the intake.

It's about 5deg or so at the trans mount. The intake plenum should be just about level

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 240SX trans requires floor modifications and the truck I was test fitting with has not had a final drive train selected.

If someone was to use my motor mounts and run the 240sx trans I could use some measurements. :)

• Like 1

240 SX has a longer transmission.  I ran into this a couple decades ago.  Not sure if the engine mounts are the same as the truck KA24.

The motor mounts are the same between the 240 and the truck on the block.

• Like 1

The 240SX trans requires floor modifications and the truck I was test fitting with has not had a final drive train selected.

If someone was to use my motor mounts and run the 240sx trans I could use some measurements. :)

If you happen to send some my way I'll see about getting some measurements.

And see how different they may be then mine.

• Like 1