No power to 620 dash when key on or anytime

Arkrider410

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If no power to anything including hear lights / brake lights / horn check the fusible link. EVERYTHING has to go through it to get from the battery to the rest of the truck.

If you have headlights, check the Black/White wire on the ignition switch for power. 

If there is power at the ignition switch but no start the switch is bad or the wrong switch?  or wiring bad. The start signal comes directly from the ignition switch.

• Like 1

Also check the condition of the fuse black contacts.

I had to clean mine with a small round wire brush, and then had to stretch small silicone o-rings around the terminals to keep them tight on the fuses.

The terminals get weak, and corroded, and even though you have good fuses, there is little, if any currant passing through.

No problems after 2 years of doing this.

I probably should just buy one of the repos out of Taiwan, but until it acts up again, no reason to.

DSC08117.jpg

• Like 4

Also check the condition of the fuse black contacts.

I had to clean mine with a small round wire brush, and then had to stretch small silicone o-rings around the terminals to keep them tight on the fuses.

The terminals get weak, and corroded, and even though you have good fuses, there is little, if any currant passing through.

No problems after 2 years of doing this.

I probably should just buy one of the repos out of Taiwan, but until it acts up again, no reason to.

DSC08117.jpg

My original fuse clips were tarnished and there was resistance. This leads to heat. Headlights would dim and flicker so I would just rub the fuses while driving to get them back. The last time I burned my fucking finger, so it was time to do something about it. The clips had no spring in them, probably from the heat taking the temper out of them, a vicious circle. I replaced the box, and all was well..

I'll admit... probably had halogen lamps that draw more current. To keep from blowing the fuses I likely had larger amp fuses too.