stereo pics in a 521

sdsurf

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i plan to have some in my 620 within the next few months, thats about all the help i could give ya. for front make some kicks or hack up your door for door mounted, then do a fiberglass box with whatever space you have left in the cab.

Hahaha, nice, love the sub in front of the passenger's seat... I'm planning on sticking mine behind the driver's seat so I can feel the thump. :D

I've got the stocker in a dash... I don't think you can mount an aftermarket stereo in the stock spot without hacking into the dash. If you don't want to trim the stock hole, the only other options are mounting it on top of or below the dash, or in the glovebox. That's assuming you don't have a center console and aren't putting one in...

Hahaha, nice, love the sub in front of the passenger's seat... I'm planning on sticking mine behind the driver's seat so I can feel the thump. :D

I've got the stocker in a dash... I don't think you can mount an aftermarket stereo in the stock spot without hacking into the dash. If you don't want to trim the stock hole, the only other options are mounting it on top of or below the dash, or in the glovebox. That's assuming you don't have a center console and aren't putting one in...

I had my other bazooka behind the seat but, I just got this bigger one and it won't fit without the steering the wheel in my chest. lol. funny thing you say in the glove box. Before I had my center consul the stereo was in my glove box. It didn't work out so well, after hitting all those bumps it fell threw. :lol:

Haha, yeah I just mentioned the glove box because it seemed like the easiest place to hide an aftermarket headunit. As for subs behind seats, I'm going to have to build a custom enclosure for it... I'm going to mount my seats first, then see how much room I've got behind and underneath them, then try to work something out.

Yup. Thats the way to go. I need to get some buckets. I have a really nice bench Ill trade someone for some...:D

My plan is to make a fiberglass center counsel that moved up inbetween the seats and the shallow depth 10 inch would be inbetween both seats just below the window. Its all just in my head at this point so we will see if it will work out.

That sound tight. Let us know if it works out or not.

yeah ill let you know, ive been talking to the owner of zuki audio about one of his amps and a single 10inch sub, Ill let you know what happens

http://www.zukiaudio.com/

It might not fit into most peoples budgets here but I thought some of your might like to check it out..

Edited by sanitys
yeah ill let you know, ive been talking to the owner of zuki audio about one of his amps and a single 10inch sub, Ill let you know what happens

http://www.zukiaudio.com/

It might not fit into most peoples budgets here but I thought some of your might like to check it out..

there's stuff out there with the same or better quality for way less check out re audio,elemental design, digital design,massive audio,even Memphis the place's with lesser known names tend to have way better quality

I had a 85 Regular cab toyota 4x4 a few years back. I had buckets in it an amp under each seat. I had a 12" sub behind each seat and built a center console similar to what SANITIYS was talking about, it had two 10" subs that sat angled and the cones overlapping a bit at off set angles between the seats. My head unit pushed the 6.5's that were in the kick panels. I fit in just fine and Im 6'2 wish i still had some pictures.

With that much base in a regular cab it basically turned the truck into a box and if you rolled the windows down a bit it was like porting the box:lol::lol::lol:

I gotta dig around for pics, but I managed to fit a standard dinn Eclipse into my dash w/o tearing it up. The only trick is that its mounted from the back and can't be removed w/o removing the dash. Anti-theft anyone? Hahahaha!

Anyone looking for a sub option: Pioneer has a pretty amazing slimline sub. 1kW rated and it hits hard.

Bryan - You're more then welcomed to check it out if you're in the Hillsboro area.

-Brian

this is all I have .....couldn't find or didn't take any of the backside of how I mounted it

DCP_4677.jpg

DCP_4686.jpg

DCP_4690.jpg

DCP_4692.jpg

basically...cut the spot welds out onthe shaft mount plate....bent the sides in, trimmed...tack welded some 1/8x1/2" flat bar around the hole for the sleeve to mount to.