Feeling out the Market - '72 1200 coupe

I just brought home my dream 1200 today and don't need two of them, so my '72 Datto coupe is going to be for sale.

I honestly have no idea what it's worth, but damn near everything is new except the engine. I bought it with the intention of restoring it, but I've never really had to. I've been able to keep it on the road (a lot) while doing most of the other mechanicals.

It won best 1200 at JCCS '07 and second place at JCCS '08.

If anyone is interested or wants more details, feel free to post on this thread or pm me. Your suggestions or offers are most welcome.

photo is here

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=6972

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A local fellow has a similar one (white coupe with an auto) that went for $3600 on ebay a couple of months ago. I'm looking in that range for mine.

I can be a bit flexible and swap the wheels with some decent looking Enkei mesh rims I have. (I just put $500 of new Toyo rubber on it)

In the last two years here's what's been done:

All new brake system

All new steering system (idler arm, center link, tie rod ends)

Rebuilt 4-spd trans

New clutch system

New ring and pinion and rear axle bearings

Pertronix pointless igniton (no more points)

I also have Miata front seats in it. The originals were frozen and torn to shreds. They were gawd-awful to sit it and the Miata seats are great for legroom and headroom.

It's an old car with mostly original paint, and it has it's idiosyncracies but it's a nice, dependable 1200. I'll get some photos up today (hopefully)

These cars are hard to put a price on (like a lot of Datsuns). There just aren't many to compare to. Everyone has a different style and opinion on "value" of a modification. When it's all said and done, it's worth as much as you can get for it. I know this isn't helpful - just my .02 worth. Good luck. Hope it finds a good home.

I will really trade you my 620 for it...

Thanks man, but I need the driveway space. I'll probably throw it on ebay with a fairly high reserve just to go fishing a bit. My new sedan hauls ass and is kind of raucous (in a really good way) to drive, but my coupe is very comfortable and smooth by comparison.

I was just about to drop $1000 on paint and primer and start the resto when the sedan fell into my lap.

If I can't get a decent price, it won't break my heart to keep it and restore it. I also have a nice collection of rare NOS parts for the resto if I decide to hang onto it.

Hey Duncan,

You still planning on posting some pics? I'd like to see them, or I can wait and look on ebay. Let us know when you post, I'm still interested.

Kelly

Sorry, I forgot! I've been busy with details on my other 1200 and have the coupe covered and ignored :(

Probably this weekend. I also plan on having the coupe at the LA Swap Meet/Show on Nov 9th.

Hey Duncan,

You still planning on posting some pics? I'd like to see them, or I can wait and look on ebay. Let us know when you post, I'm still interested.

Kelly

Got them up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32019562@N03/

I changed the wheels and looking for $3200-ish.

My wife wants me to sell it, but after running around in it all day today, I'm not so anxious to let it go.

I'll have it at Superior Nissan next Sunday.

thats a very clean 1200 wish I had some cash around. All I have are other datsuns that I need to get rid of.

I hear you. They have a way of multiplying.

Want a 510 wagon?

Actually, I'd love to have a goon, but I'm only going for easy-to-finish to nearly-finished projects these days. I've had too many 2-3 year projects working every weekend and I am staying away from those now :)

I hear you. They have a way of multiplying.

Actually, I'd love to have a goon, but I'm only going for easy-to-finish to nearly-finished projects these days. I've had too many 2-3 year projects working every weekend and I am staying away from those now :)

The wagon is in the preproject stage. Meaning its never been a project. Its about as stock as you can get down to its L16 automatic. :lol:

hopefully you can find a buyer soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.