Looking for low profile rims and tires like this guy here for my '76.

Ponyboy Easley

All I really know about my datsun is thats its a 6 lug. Basically any info I can get on how to lower my datsun like this. Dont mean to offend anyone who doesn't like this style. But its my truck and I just want some help :) thanks! 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8vj_66vhMM6NjdFa1hmUXgtTzg&usp=sharing

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you search for lowering a 620 you'll find plenty of info with pictures and all, but in short crank your torsion bars down up front and put lowering blocks in the rear. Get a set of 15x8 steel wheels with an offset you like, paint them whatever color(s) you want and throw some 205/50r15 tires on them. You'll be happy with all of that for a while.

Im going for that same look.. already have the holes for the flares n 4 inch blocks in the rear.. but thinking of going with the 4x4 leaf springs in the rear and 3 inch blocks.. ima reindex my torsions.. raise the shock towers.. which will take some time cuz u have to cut n weld an extra two inches on der..

Does anyone ever use the ford shock towers to do this? Some Ford's have a shock tower that bolts on. They are pretty tall and pretty cheap. Lots of guys weld them into whatever truck they are building to get longer shocks installed.

E5TZ18183ASET_1.jpg

125953d1083936985-soa-wagon-shock-tower-

• Like 1

Does anyone ever use the ford shock towers to do this? Some Ford's have a shock tower that bolts on. They are pretty tall and pretty cheap. Lots of guys weld them into whatever truck they are building to get longer shocks installed.

E5TZ18183ASET_1.jpg

125953d1083936985-soa-wagon-shock-tower-

if your going to have to weld those.. just extend the originals.. and you can use the same shocks you have on der now.. if u use those ford shock towers ur going to have to replace the shocks..