Help finding these bushings.

DAT{521}SUN

I've searched and contacted different online parts stores for replacing those torn up bushings and I had no luck. Most stores said that part is discontinued. I know someone on here has had better luck on finding alternative bushings. (I forgot what thread it was on. My luck!) Anyway, I would like to see if anyone can guide me to find something very useful. I also need those grease caps. One of them is broken. Thanks!

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy in Mexico sells them on Ebay.  These can also be sourced through Taiwan.  I have purchased parts from all over the world and have not had problems.  The shipping takes time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spindle-Lower-Arm-Bush-Assy-RH-LH-Pair-for-Datsun-520-521-620-1965-1977-/371569513387?hash=item568344d3ab:g:PKIAAMXQ855RwMAt&vxp=mtr

Just use o-rings for dust shields.

• Like 2

I've searched and contacted different online parts stores for replacing those torn up bushings and I had no luck. Most stores said that part is discontinued. I know someone on here has had better luck on finding alternative bushings. (I forgot what thread it was on. My luck!) Anyway, I would like to see if anyone can guide me to find something very useful. I also need those grease caps. One of them is broken. Thanks!

image.jpeg

If you mean those rubber things with the small coil spring wrapped around them....those I would call seals but Nissan calls them a lower fulcrum pin ring. The part number is #54503-20500 less than a dollar?

The screw in part with the grease fitting is the bushing, the part it fits over is the lower link fulcrum pin and it is secured by a cotter pin to the spindle knuckle.

• Like 1

You can source seal that I believe is MGB.  I have the part number somewhere.  The early 320 and 520 had a felt like material and the 521 came with a seal that usually got pinched torquing the fulcrum pin.  This is why I said use an o-ring.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses! It cleared up a lot on my end. As am waiting for a response from nissanparts.cc to see if they have that part in stock, I'd like to know if anyone has dealt with any of the following parts stores:

ziparts.co.nz

kyotoparts.com

If so, how was your over all experience, quality of items, and shipping times? I do realize they're overseas but, if I can get the parts I needf, patience is a virtue......especially with a Datsun. 

• Like 1

Mexico a couple weeks decent parts.  Taiwan 30 days depends on manufacturer, if you buy Japanese after market the quality is good.

I f did the email for Nissan parts do not wait long they never have replied to any request I made.  Nissan NLA No Longer Available.