Sr20Det into 620 Datsun Truck

Ruthless_Datsun

HI Guys,

im new here just decided to keep my Pa's 1974 Datsun 620 Truck instead of selling it i think it would be nice to sit in my shed with my Gtr

just looking to put in a sr20det into it has anyone know of a good guide that i could use for wiring and parts i need for the swap just to save me a lot of time!

any info would be great thanks!

im located in Australia 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone has done it, though there has been talk of it. If done there doesn't seem to be a lot around. The SR is a thoroughbred 'race' engine and better suited to a lighter car than a truck. Not at all trying to discourage you from this, most go for larger displacement like the KA or VG. 

I would like to hear more about this.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/537-how-to-wire-a-ka-ca-sr-and-vg-into-anything/

I have one in my truck, but I took a very difficult route.  If you don"t add AC, it fits a lot easier.  I've never seen a right hand drive car with it done before. It might be easier that way  with the exhaust away from the master cylinder.  Motor mounts are custom and so is the transmission crossmember.   

If you go with the stock steering, the centerlink needs to be flipped to gain clearance under the oil pan.  Clearances are tight in the back of engine to firewall.  I added a box to move the firewall back half and inch.

• Like 1

i wont be using AC or power Steering at this stage.. just after the basics ill be happy with. there is a place here in Australia that specializes in Datsun conversions there called www.maddat.com.au i have emailed them hopfully get a reply on monday to see if they have direct bolt in kits for SR into the 620

Thanks again for all the info! i might pm you down the track Orangie if thats ok? 

• Like 1

welcome to ratsun mate,  I'm eccles from aussie datsun 620 720 owners page

glad we talked you into keeping the truck and ill be watching this thread

now post some pics of the truck for everyone as a thread without pics is a dead thread here and your trucks a nice honest truck

i was spewing when it went up for sale as had just bought a second truck and my wife said no,  would have been cool having a swb and lwb in same color

good luck with your build