79 280 ZXR in las Vegas

Thought someone might want to know about it. If I didn't have 4 cars already it would be mine. He wants $1600. The body looks good, the stock spoiler is not on the car, but he said he has it, along with a new decal set.

I got the number, but I left it at work, I left it on BEEBANI's voicemail. I will try to get back to get it if someone is interested.

Also if you want to know it cost me $700 to ship a car from Tacoma to Las Vegas.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i see the silver one around here all the time and he usually shows up to blue lake every year too. theyre no even turbo so I never really understood what was so special about them except the body kit and whale tail? maybe bleach could shed some light on this subject? peace.

This link pretty much says it all about the ZXR

It is basically a limited production (1001 sold to the plubic) car that had a sticker kit, certain silver paint, and rear spoiler. No different than the regular 280zx otherwise.

Sold only so Nissan could use the spoiler on the 280ZX in racing and call it a factory piece.

ZXRWng.jpg

Motorsport Auto (major Z-car parts supplier) used to carry a fiberlgass reproduction of this rear wing. It is no longer available. They have a slightly smaller wale tale rear spoiler that most people wouldn't notice any difference of. But the ZXR wing is no more even aftermarket.

What I understand is that they took off all the "luxury" items along with the sound deadening and added the whale tail to it. Not sure about a front spoiler on it though. I also read that the tail will produce 360lbs of downforce at 100mph. That is about all I know, it is kind of like those ACR cars that dodge put out. I snapped some pics of it today. Thats my wifes Caddy that I just put together in the background.

forsale011.jpg

forsale012.jpg

forsale013.jpg

kinda like

charger-daytona-69_02.jpg

Now there's something I'd like to see on a datsun..oh wait...ice racing 510s

Kinda like.......................Kinda like the reason for the both wings was racing the Daytona/Superbird was a bad ass NASCAR racer. Now if I could only find one for $1600!!!

Joe

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

hello I bougth a ZXR for my 21st and had a red sticker price of $9999.99.

It was apresent for me from me, enjoyed it til i had to sell.car was vette eater and then some..

but i would like more info on this zxr in vegas a Phone # or E-mail add..

Again.

AZXRMAN

hello I bougth a ZXR for my 21st and had a red sticker price of $9999.99.

It was apresent for me from me, enjoyed it til i had to sell.car was vette eater and then some..

but i would like more info on this zxr in vegas a Phone # or E-mail add..

Again.

AZXRMAN

I had to lulz  :rofl:

Read the damn post date before you post something on a dead year old post. :rofl:

In the other hand I got a 280ZXR Whale Tail spoiler sitting in my guest room if you wanna buy it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.