Circumnavigating the United States in a 1970 Nissan Fairlady begins tomorrow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that you couldn't waste your time,& let me know that you

came through Eureka,California,even after I posted you to let me know.

- Doug

Sounds like he toured the east coast.. south.. but skipped right past the holy ground of Datsuns for a trip up the coastline. I mean, the coast is rad. 900 miles of coast line is... a lot of water to your left.

Fair enough though. I'm sure it was fun. And it's his trip not ours. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story when he gets back home.

DID HE STOP BY YOUR SHOP BUSTA?

I mean... damn. talk about driving right past.

• Like 1

Houston... The Fairlady has landed..

I'm pleased to inform all of you that the Fairlady Z has accomplished our mission.

51 days

33 states

13,317 miles

1 breakdown (u-joint, fixed on the spot with spare)

9 nights in a hotel/motel

2 nights with guests

40 nights in the car.

I apologize to whoever I might have offended for blowing through your town without a word..  Please understand my schedule was optimistic.  I bit off a lot.  I did most of my trip on rural highway's vs interstates.. this is very time consuming.  I wasn't in any place long.  Furthermore, I did inform all you FB haters intially that this is where I would be updating my travels.  I am no FB advocate, in fact I had hardly used it before this trip.. But, it is an easy to use site that seems to be a "common ground" with most folks.. Not an enthusiast site.. But the fact that I can easily post pics, others can post pics, and I'm pretty sure people who are not members were able to this too... Anyway, it suited my needs. I'm sorry it didn't suit some of yours.  without cataloging every email, It is very difficult to remember who is where.. I relied on people who were following me to remind me and to coordinate a get-together.  It is tougher than you would think.  There were friends and family in some areas that I didn't meet up with.  There are many variables when traveling like this and trying to coordinate with people is not easy.. I did have success on several occasions though and am grateful for each of those experiences.  If my destination was CA, no problem.. That was not the case.  My destination was the drive, and my goal was to circumnavigate the country.  The car and I succeeded.  

Thank you.  This concludes the 2015 North America "Doin it in a Datsun" Tour.

Jason

• Like 4

I'm also sorry to hear that you couldn't take the time

to hook up with the many people on the West Coast.

Remember that you posted here,asking for help?

- Doug    

Hey Jason.....no offense intended....

Stoked you made the trip with only a ujoint issue.....pretty minor.....

.....would've been sweet to hook up at some point but that wasn't the intention of the trip.....no hard feelings...

......glad you made it safe and sound.....no one could ask for more than that on a trip like this.....

Maybe on mine I'll hit you up..... ;)

-Antony

• Like 2

Doug,  

If you really wanted to meet up, you would have followed me on FB and coordinated something through that site.  I made it clear that was where I would be updating my trip and that I would not be updating here very often..  As the trip progressed that was easy to see.  I don't want to hear anymore about not being a FB user.. My Dad, followed me on FB.. He had never been on it in his life and is not a fan of it..  Many others did the same.

I made a public apology.. with a detailed explanation... what more do you want?  I can't tell you how many people wanted to or offered to meet up.. some off them may have actually been inconvenienced by me not showing up..  But they are all understanding, cool and supportive.  I made no actual arrangements with you and never asked for help from anyone on this site.  What I did ask for is feedback from anyone this is positive..  You are not a positive.  everyone else seems to get it.  To be quite honest, I don't think we would get along anyway.. I am done feeling bad about blowing through CA.

Goodbye.

• Like 2

I think the point that Doug is trying to make is that no everybody is on Facebook, I'm not, obviously Doug isn't either as well as many members of this forum. What you did is a really cool trip and I'm sure that other datsuners would have liked to join you on segments of the trip as you passed by locally to them or set up a meet for you to stop in at. Understanding that you were on a tight not exact schedule made most of that very hard to accomplish.

Cool trip, cool car, cool story bro, keep on keepin on.

• Like 4

I didn't mean to upset anyone - only was hoping to hook up with another poster.

Some of us older people don't get this high - tech stuff - Don't take it too personally.

- Doug

• Like 1