Wild West Rally 2008

HRH

Got back from it the weekend before last, finally have all the pictures and videos I was able to take up on the site. Ended up getting stuck with working Flying Finish both days, so slightly disappointing for pictures, but fortunately we got done early enough on day one that I drove over to the McKee stage and got pictures there. Enjoy!

http://www.mattalbertson.net/wildwest08.htm

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they'll be doing it next year. Need a cage, car, safety gear and rally license.

I debated using the 620 for the first season. Plenty of 620s in off-road racing back in the day. I'd have to find one in a bit better shape than my current truck, and I decided I would still rather use the 510. Better space, better suspension.

There is a rally truck class for both NASA and Rally America rallies.

Go to either: nasaproracing.com or rally-america.com

There are separate rally events for both. Rally-America has more of the national rally attention (what little there is) but also requires HANS device. NASA so far does not require HANS device.

NASA also does many other things besides rally, whereas Rally America does just rally. RA took off when SCCA backed out of Pro Rally a few years back.

damn I didnt realize that was already going on. Maybe I will have a lancer ready by next year. I;d like tog et in on a few races including oregon trail.

If you are serious about getitng into rally, check out the special stage forum, its full of people who actually rally, lots of good information on anything and everything.

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/index.php

Actually, I got really lucky and a buddy of mine called today with an LSD he picked up somewhere recently. He wants $300 for it, little bit, but looks like I'll be doing that. That other diff looks like it went to $381, yikes.