Leaf spring bushings

Elkie

Has anyone tried the hardbody front bushing for replacing the 620's stock bushing. 55045 in the pic with a part number 55045-31G00. Bushing is 60mm wide and inside diameter is for a 18mm bolt. Worried the inside sleeve probably isn't wide enough though.

431_B001.png
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remeasured bolt its actually 16mm I think. Ordered the 78-79 bushing we'll see if it works. Found a chinese company that sells the original shackle bushings, but shipping is way too much.

I have my doubts they will work as no store lists them for anything other than 78-79, although nissan part numbers show the same bushing throughout the life of the 620. I've read people use 720, you have to cut out the inner sleeve of the 620 bushing, drill out the 720 bushing and combine.

Here's a 720 one. 35266a.jpg

Are you looking for improved bushings or just stock stuff?  You can actually buy different durometer bushing material and machine them, add a steel sleeve for the front pivot.  My local spring shop hooked me up with bushings for the front eyes using a Ford part if I recall.  I used solid bronze for the shackle bushings, as you don't need any cushioning there, and a stiff bushing prevents unwanted chassis roll.  

I got those whiteline bushings as well.  The outer diameter was too big and I landed up putting them on a sanding drum bit and grinding them down to size.  It really sucked to have to do that, but that was the only polyurethane bushings I could find.

Alright so I ordered autozone part sk6563, which runs $12.99 a bushing, and is listed for a 78 or 79 620. Heres a pic of them side by side.

IMG_20150814_171239_zpsjb6vsvz7.jpg

The center sleeve of the replacement comes in at 69mm where the OEM one is 70mm. Also the ID of the original is almost dead 16mm where as the replacement edges towards 17mm, and there was a noticeable slop when I put the bolt through it.

As far as shackle bushings I have not found any replacements for oem. The are rubber with a metal sleeve and look like this. They were used until 77, 78 - 79 had a different shackle shared with the 720.

0ee2668302_D-0210.jpg

So from what I read you can use a the 720 shackle and bushings, but my luck so far is finding shackles that look like this.

IMG_20150814_171814_zpszjfyyep1.jpg

Not really helpful for replacement. Might just order new shackles and bushings from nissan for a d21 which look like they'll run $70.