Twin carb los angeles

Diego'73_620

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20141126_102203.jpg

I hope that valve cover and block vent to the PCV valve isn't a closed system. The blow-by will pressurize the block and push your oil out through the Gaskets and seals. That a catch can? You only need that if racing on a track. The valve cover vent should be open behind the air filter so when blow-by exceeds what the PCV can absorb the fumes are sucked into the carb and burned. Hard to do with dual carbs so just run the hose down beside the block and fumes will blow under the truck.

• Like 1

Im not familiar with a closed system. However I did notice signs of oil coming out of the oil cap. And yes it is a catch can. All I've done to this truck is change the (croseta) Spanish for that part which holds the axle shafts together.

Everything else came with the truck. The pcv hose runs under the truck.

Looks like all the hoses are connected together.

The block vent pipe should go only to the PCV valve.  At low speeds intake vacuum draws humid air and fumes from the engine. Fresh air is drawn in through the valve cover hose. This extends the oil change time and keeps the engine clean. At full throttle, blow by gasses are more than the PCV can handle and air flow reverses back out the valve cover hose. Normally this hose is between the carb and the air filter. At low speed filtered air is drawn into the engine. When the flow reverses it gets sucked into the carb.

• Like 1

Easy way to do a quick, meterless synch came from old British cars. Lift the front dashpot all the way up and adjust front carb till you get the highest stable engine speed, repeat with rear carb and thats it. Sounds like bullshit but it works, I don't use a meter or a hose anymore. I've had sss flatties on my ride for over a decade and never have to fuck with them other than checking dashpot oil maybe once a year, car runs tip top.

• Like 1

Easy way to do a quick, meterless synch came from old British cars. Lift the front dashpot all the way up and adjust front carb till you get the highest stable engine speed, repeat with rear carb and thats it. Sounds like bullshit but it works, I don't use a meter or a hose anymore. I've had sss flatties on my ride for over a decade and never have to fuck with them other than checking dashpot oil maybe once a year, car runs tip top.

Got it. Major thanks! So much easier than I thought it was. My 620 isn't reving high anymore. It feels smooth.