How about a carbed VG30?

ppeters914

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, that is my friend Dale's car. He had a hell of a time finding a dizzy for it, but it looks like he tracked one down. Personally, I would go with the FI on a VG, just because I think it looks better.

But if you do wanna go carbed, vg30.com makes an intake manifold for a 2bbl holly, and you need a Saudi distributor that doesn't run off the ecu.

Ha, that is my friend Dale's car. He had a hell of a time finding a dizzy for it, but it looks like he tracked one down. Personally, I would go with the FI on a VG, just because I think it looks better.

But if you do wanna go carbed, vg30.com makes an intake manifold for a 2bbl holly, and you need a Saudi distributor that doesn't run off the ecu.

drill and tap two holes on a stock pathfinder tbi intake and you can mount a weber. mega jolt jr is easier to find that the saudi dizzy, and you have ignition. this alone is worth installing the carb for less complexity.

Thats the thing though, EFI is simpler than carbs. Everyone thinks its complicated but its the easiest damn thing ever. I take a carb apart I have to remember where everything goes and with EFI, everythings color coded. lol!

I agree with nismopu, the EFI really is easier than carbs. By the time you spend modifying the manifold, and getting some sort of dizzy to work, you could already be running EFI.

I transplanted the EFI'd VG30 into my 71' 510, with relative ease. I have also modified L manifolds to accept injectors, and run the 1980 200SX EFI system on l series engines. Also easy to do. I have also converted my 280ZXT to run with 89' 300ZXT EFI.

Plus, once the EFI system is in, you never have to tune it again, unless you want to. EFI systems are merely a series of inputs and outputs, and once someone understands how they operate they are very easy to work with. Low end throttle response and low end torque are also always better with EFI.

I personally hate carbs, have never had good experiences with them.

• 4 weeks later...

So what I'm getting from this post is EFI is the way to go, I'm not a complete dumbass I know EFI is better, that's why all new cars have it, But I'm looking at a vg30 with all the stuff to do a drop in, in my wagon. Comes with a carb and dizzy, Mounts, trans all that crap. Should I go for it or spend double the money to go EFI. Mind you this will NOT be my DD.