• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

so I got an opportunity to teach art classes to kids k-12. It seems to pay good and would look great on the resume, maybe even a dream job for some. Funny thing is I kinda don't want to do it. 

Is that lame or what? It strikes me as a waste of time.

Art teachers always have the shitiest portfolios because they've been ruined by the education system and most kids and adolescences are apposed to learning a discipline because they have a choice. 

so what am I gonna teach them? the art of chaos?

Those that can do. Those that can't...teach.

• Like 1

How would you know if you never have taught??  

Who taught your kids to walk??  Who taught your kids to read??  Who taught your kids to ride bikes??  I'm glad your wife's boyfriends don't have the same attitude on "teaching" as you,,,,

• Like 3

Wrong movie ,, he was a psychologist in that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i'm not so sure Robin Williams would be a good example of teacher ( that got through to his student) since in the movie, Dead poets society,  he was a teacher... BUT ... His student killed himself because he talked the kid into doing something his father strongly dis approved of.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Richard Mulligan character in the movie "teachers" ..

• Like 1

Wrong movie ,, he was a psychologist in that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i'm not so sure Robin Williams would be a good example of teacher ( that got through to his student) since in the movie, Dead poets society,  he was a teacher... BUT ... His student killed himself because he talked the kid into doing something his father strongly dis approved of.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Richard Mulligan character in the movie "teachers" ..

are you sure you're not thinking of " Swing Kids " ????

nice work, I don't even think hipnosis with paradime could ever dig up the fact that " Swing Kids " was and actually movie

are you sure you're not thinking of " Swing Kids " ????

nice work, I don't even think hipnosis with paradime could ever dig up the fact that " Swing Kids " was and actually movie

Having now looked up what a "swing kids" even was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i'm now thinking that for someone to ever bring up that as a reference ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

I have to change my opinion from the eccentric madman Richard Mulligan in teachers and definely not Rip Torns version of the haggard curmudgeon Patches O'houlihan.......................... To what appears to me to be

One ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Herbert Garrison ,,, of South park

5b6f6bbff52b90c0c60dc0ca435ef630.350x350

• Like 2

I'm doing shit right now. 

Watching my kids getting drunk on Sparkling Cider.

Gonna pull out the Sailor Jerry's here in a bit. Wifey has got some tequila to drink. Beer after a few drinks.

Balls are gonna drop tonight.