Is this Datsun 510 actually worth the asking price?

Pic of the chassis code and I'll never say it again.   B)

SONOFABITCH!!!!  HG910  Now, other question, is the '81-'82 810 really an HG810?  Says 810 on the trunk badge on '81s, seen that.  My '84 definitely is stamped 910.  I stand corrected good sir!  Even though Nissan referred to it as an 810 for this market.  Interesting.

• Like 1
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So odd they continued to refer to it as an 810 when it's clearly a 910.  What's even more interesting is the wagon code is WHD910  W is wagon, what the heck is D?  It ain't diesel.

SONOFABITCH!!!!  HG910  

B)

is the '81-'82 810 really an HG810?  Says 810 on the trunk badge on '81s, seen that.  My '84 definitely is stamped 910.

Should be the same chassis code, so my money is on yes. Chassis codes don't carry over across generations, so it only makes sense that if the first generation "810" has an 810 chassis code, the next generation would have to be a 910 chassis code. They should not have badged it as an "810" the first two years.

The Sunny line is a prime example of this goofiness. The "B210" is chassis code B210, while the "210" is chassis code B310.   :rofl:

SONOFABITCH!!!!  HG910  Now, other question, is the '81-'82 810 really an HG810?  Says 810 on the trunk badge on '81s, seen that.  My '84 definitely is stamped 910.  I stand corrected good sir!  Even though Nissan referred to it as an 810 for this market.  Interesting.

July '80 through '84 was called the 810/Maxima.

810/Maxima... example WELD 910 DFEU  wagon, diesel, LHD, rigid axle, 910, deluxe trim, manual transmission, EFI, Federal emissions

W......... wagon

Blank... sedan

H.... L24E gas

E.... LD28 diesel

L.... LHD

D.... rigid axle

G.... IRS

910 '81-'84

D.......... DX (deluxe?)

Blank... SL

F...... manual

A..... automatic

E.... EFI

U...... Federal emissions equipped

V...... California emissions equipped

Sweet!  Rigid axle!  Weird coding.  I just looked in the factory manual I have which says "810 Maxima" and below that, Model 910.  Too funny.  Must have just thought the 810 should be carried on and didn't want to confuse it with the overseas 910, or the Porsche thing.