What would an FJ20ET or FJ20E cost these days?

I am trying to locate one for a friend but have no idea what they cost if it popped up on Ebay for example.

Do they pop up on Ebay now and then ? I have been trying for a few months and found none and I live in Japan...

Not looking for a 100% clean one either.

Thanks , any info appreciated.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I don't know Eunos or his roadster.

This roadster I'm talking about is owned by Carlos, an old-time Nissan mechanic originally from Argentina, but now living in SoCal. He's in his 80's now. I believe the swap was done around 1989-ish. He was going to do a VG when his son saw the FJ on a pallet at the wrecking yard, and said "Hey, dad? What's this?" Car has been to the Solvang show.

Another guy in SoCal has two FJ20 roadsters.

• 2 months later...

Hey all I posted this a while ago and still need to find out a price ,  I have since sourced an engine but the guy that wanted it originally has canceled.

I don't know if the FJ20DET is still sought after in the US where I was going to send it ... Its a complete engine from the R30 Skyline so I was wondering weather its worth pulling and weather the tranny , ECU and or wiring harness would be worth pulling etc. 

I may be able to use it in future myself but I can't see myself affording a vintage car in hot Okinawa anytime soon.

If I sold this on Ebay in 2015 what could I ask for it?

I am guessing shipping to be around $400 roughly.

The biggest problem that I remember about the FJ in the USA is spare parts. Simple stuff like gaskets alone was a giant hassle. Maybe with the advent of the internet, that thing we are using now, one might be able to find the stuff, but, with all the easier to get engines and parts today, an FJ would only be attractive to someone who really wants one. 

And yes, shipping alone would be a major deterrent. But, the Aussie's still love those things! 

Mmmmm... FJ. For cool factor, it is my top pick to put in a 510 (if swapping). But you gotta love it because of the things mentioned above. Popping the hood and seeing a SR or a VG people go, 'Cool." But popping the hood and seeing a FJ, people go, 'Damn that's a FJ!'

And there is one for sale on EBAY right now that I have coveted. Even has the trans and in on the east coast where I am. Do want, but my Datsuns have way more needs than an engine swap I'd take years to getting to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371307674067?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG