My new 620!!

Ballerstatus

Got a new 620 for valentines day, I think its really straight. 1 Owner, all the service records dating back to 1982, never been wrecked, it runs and was a daily driver until about 2005. My fiancé only paid $650 for it, i'm really excited to fix this truck up and bring it back to its former glory! I do have a couple of questions about the truck, There is a little knob you can see it in the picture with the fuse box, its just to the left of it... It pulls out and doesn't twist, I know its not the choke and not the lights I can't figure out what it does. Also what is the best mechanics book to get for this truck, My grandpa says just a haynes will be fine. I need to work with the wiring, I think something is crossed somewhere, when I press the brakes the turn signals light up I have no blinkers or hazards. Anyways in the upcoming weeks ill be trying to get it painted (I'll post some pictures when it's done) and I would like to know if there is a easy way to upgrade this to a power steering for my soon to be wife, she hated driving it haha.

10959772_928559543854930_648374250291958

9B8645B5-B40D-4215-8C3B-8FD8C1BEE680_zps

8BE411B9-779F-46C7-ADE1-3DCB2912E446_zps

1D0D7E29-78D8-4F2F-8CD4-6C6A98426CE0_zps

2ECCC985-22FB-4444-9221-07EFB1436E9D_zps

10014618_928559507188267_688545324092564

1382333_928559487188269_5375807572287008

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun mr.... ?  Baller? That's a nice '73 or '74 you have. Interior looks good. That a 720 steering wheel?

That little knob pulls out, and if you were driving, cold outside air would start blowing out the vent on the left side of the dash. There's one on the passenger side also.

The best manual is the FSM (factory service manual) for your year. The Haynes isn't too bad but has to cover 7 years of differences and it's a bit thin on specifics.  Good electrical diagrams but just copies of the FSM. Go on line and you should get an FSM for $20 on e bay.

• Like 1

Aw man, don't paint it..

agree with above comment

Just buff it out and fixt the light issue.

I would look the the flasher cans and bulbs installed(corrosison) and grounds and if your emergency light switch installed . soemtime people yank them out and this causes blinker issues.

I would like to know if there is a easy way to upgrade this to a power steering for my soon to be wife, she hated driving it haha.???????????????????????

YOur kidding me right?

Might as well sell it now if this is going to be a issue on a 650$ truck as this would cost some money hooking a system like that up. Maybe Datzenmike knows a way but they seem ez enought ot turn already.

olddatsusns.com the tech section read everything on that. get a electric ignition first if anything or know how to fix a point distributor vehicle on side of road.

Nice looking truck. I wouldn't paint it either. Mine was the same color before the previous owner decided to paint it primer on top. The headlight issue might be the turn signal switch. search that up. I had problems with the brake lights too until I cleaned up the turn signal switch