1980 Subaru GLF-5

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are plenty of positive offset 6 lug this thing would be bad ass with some later  chevy rallies though or go all out and slap some titans on it 

With its 1,600cc pushrod donk, throwing down maybe fifty horsepressure, it barely gets out of its own way as is!  But you are quite correct sir, that would be awesome!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now I HAVE to do a six-lug conversion!

[Edit] Whew!  They apparently have sold.  I'm off the hook!

That doesn't happen to be the same 4 lug pattern as a Datto?

Oh lord no. Not even close. If it did, we'd be set.  B)

It's a 4x5.5. A bolt pattern only shared with other early Subarus and Peugeots. :crying:  

As Bonvo mentioned, the 6x5.5 is a super common bolt pattern, used on 80-90% of all the trucks ever made. A few people have removed two studs and redrilled the hub to a 6-lug pattern on the Subarus to get more wheels options. 

As "cool" as the car is, and as much as I like it, I don't really see me throwing too many more bucks at it.  In fact, if I'm honest, when the Chickenhawk ( http://community.ratsun.net/topic/61778-revival-of-the-chickenhawk/) is "finished," this car will more than likely go up for sale... unless someone throws a pile of money at me before then, of course.

So I've been thinking about tunes for this car and came up with an idea.  I was thinking, "How hard would it be to just wire a 3.5mm headphone jack straight to an amp so's I could hook up an i-Pod?"  Then I remembered I'd want some volume control without having to fiddle with said i-Pod.  So I figure, "Ok, I'll just put a 'line-level' volume control knob on the dash.  How hard can that be?"  So I began shopping on them interwebs for one.  I found exactly what I was looking for and it was only $6.00... with $37.00 shipping from New Zealand!  "Ok," thinks I, "We'll need to reconsider this."  During that reconsideration, I thought, "Wait, I'm going to want to turn that amp off when I'm not listening to music.  I need one of those 'Old Skool' volume knobs which has a power switch at the '0-volume' end of the sweep."  For this I began shopping... then got bored and went to bed thinking, "Feh, just get the damned $20.00 radio like John suggested." 

I have an Oontz bluetooth speaker in mine and I really like it.  There's no amp/head unit/speakers to wire and I have the iHeart radio app so I can still listen to my local stations along with all my stored music.  Pandora is nice too.