toolbox and ducky-chan chronicles

hobospyder

Actually you did see them :rofl: didn't realize they were visible in there. Po had tan seat covers on top of the Mexican blanket seat covers over cracked leather.

And little miss has Mexican blanket seat cover as well. Eventually I'll get that one removed

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20150917_181301.jpg

they got put into cold storage because i got tired of looking at them every time i go to the shop and not being able to do anything with them. after i get the golf back on the road and little miss well on the way to where i want her (including putting the parts i already have for her in and on) i'll bring one of the two out to work on

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

All he will have to do is sign a release of interest form. Don't need to have the title as it is already in his name. It would be a good idea to have him sign the form down at the DMV though so it can get notarized. 

• Like 1

Well the title would make life easier because i wouldnt have to figure out how or where to get a vin inspection done, add on the fact that I can't tow anything because all my trucks are pickup size at the largest. If he has the title all he would have to do is sign and mail it to me, would cut out a few extra steps

• Like 1

You don't need a vin inspection with a release of interest. It is basically the same as signing the title.

Hopefully he has the title though. :)

Edit: You can also request a sheriff visit to do an on site vin inspection.

• Like 1

I had stolen an axle from ducky to contribute to little miss since she fried one of hers this summer. Took the fried one that my mechanic managed to make into a roller only axle for me and slapped that in and moved ducky to the shop with the assistance of mini hobo and heather (my s10)

20161106_113056.jpg

That seat that came home with ducky (seen in the back of the bed) (thanks gato) has actually come in extremely handy and has prevented damage to the datos and has only damaged Heather's hood. I used it when pushing toolbox and ducky into the spare garage for cold storage and again today

• Like 1

And as much as i want front disk brakes i think im gonna stick with the drums for now. Was gonna go with mklotz kit but I dont want to have to go in search of parts as I'm a lazy bastard.

Also, don't know what wheels will be ran. Current plans, get titled, get running, get stopping, get low (prefer bags but don't have money or know how so static drop it is)

• Like 2

And as much as i want front disk brakes i think im gonna stick with the drums for now. Was gonna go with mklotz kit but I dont want to have to go in search of parts as I'm a lazy bastard.

Also, don't know what wheels will be ran. Current plans, get titled, get running, get stopping, get low (prefer bags but don't have money or know how so static drop it is)

I like your plan, you can always do the additional work at a later date once you get all the parts. This will help you with the downtime of the truck. I am also planning on doing the disks further down the road but the truck feels good right now with the drums but you do have to leave a bit more distance between cars, other than that they are perfectly fine. Hopefully you can get it on the road soon bud.

I like your plan, you can always do the additional work at a later date once you get all the parts. This will help you with the downtime of the truck. I am also planning on doing the disks further down the road but the truck feels good right now with the drums but you do have to leave a bit more distance between cars, other than that they are perfectly fine. Hopefully you can get it on the road soon bud.

biggest part is getting it in my name so i can insure and drive it once i get to that point. Hopefully i get off early enough to go to the post office today and mail off the thing
  • Like 1

Was talking with hippie on Monday, may end up throwing little miss power plant into ducky just to have a running datsun next year as I'm getting to the point where im about to tear her down to frame out of boredom and want to clean from the ground up. Don't know yet as I dont know if the l20b in ducky will run or not

• Like 1

haven't gotten a call or anything from the guy who should've gotten a letter yesterday. hopefully i don't get the envelope back unopened.

but went out and started poking. after looking at my album on pb for ducky i realized, there's a bunch of stuff missing

20150816_155452.jpg

when at the hippies house got talking to him and he hooked me up with a distributor that i slapped in. i have an extra intake and 2 exhaust manifolds floating around so those are easy. need to see if i can find the old upper rad hose from little miss and that will keep me from having to buy a new one of those. popped out a spark plug and removed the valve cover to have a looksie

20161113_135136.jpg

20161113_140748.jpg

20161113_141112.jpg

and when i was doing the headlamps on little miss, i tried stealing the buckets and the grill wouldn't come off so, started looking into that. ducky was in an accident. lower valance and bumper are all squished and out of shape, i'm pretty sure the core support is quashed a little as well but this is a budget build just to have a running datsun so..... yeah, i have a spare lower valance that was gotten for toolbox that will be going to ducky and i don't know what i'm gonna do for the front bumper yet.... 

20161113_142057.jpg

20161113_142102.jpg

20161113_143334.jpg

got the grill and lower valance off and put the engine bay back together as best as i could. i got cold and didn't know what else i could do so walked away

20161113_143349.jpg

20161113_143445.jpg

but, what in the hell is this thing? it was on the drivers side of the core support. my guess was charcoal can but i have no idea, little miss doesn't have one so i have no experience with it

20161113_143558.jpg

20161113_143555.jpg

20161113_143553.jpg
  • Like 1