Datsun will return

cici

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really do like that 510 concept. I saw a small scale model the designer was holding at a photo shoot and it was coooooool....I really like the 240z concept pic there too..Better than Nissan would do..The 620 would be good for a concept too since the style is quite unique. I prefer the 521 over all truck styles but it would look kinda plain as a modern concept. Probably end up with a hardbody.

the thing about 620's is they're body lines were ahead of they're time.. much more smooth an flowing then 720 or even hardbodys.. i dont know if i would want to see a new 620.. i jus dont think it would be the same... now if they started makin 620's again.. the same as the ones we got just with a little newer tech an different engines.. like maybe have several different combinations to choose from.. but keep all the stuff really basic not to much plastic crap everywhere an hard to work on.. shit i'd be happy if they startin makin l20b's again but this time using FI factory, some times we take stuff for granite.. an we get greedy.. start tryin to make stuff better.. which we usualy do make stuff better.. but then we leave things behind.. like 620's.. until the 620 there were no trucks that looked like that.. sure ya maybe the chevy luv SORTA but not really... and after the 620 left.. there were no more trucks like that.. the nissans an toyotas an ford rangers chevy s10s.. they're all square.. wheres the art in that? granite some of the newer trucks are gettin rounder now.. but how long has it takin to do that?? /end rant

Lynch.... totally agree!!! I appreciate all Datsun cars and trucks but it's the 620 I love. It's hands down the best looking one ever made. The first one I remember seeing was when I had my '71. A friend had one that had been in a wreck. It had a 5 speed so must have been at least a '77. Well I never forgot the knock out good looks.

A concept 620? Or maybe a retro? I don't know... Too many ways to get it wrong for Nissan.

for sure man.. i jus dont think it would be done right... they could save so much money by makin retro vehicles.. but they dont want to do that cause they cant really charge as much for them.. however i think they would sell pretty well.. well maybe for a while i suppose.. i guess not everyone likes datsuns but for those of us who do it would be great to buy a BRAND NEW 620 no rust no dents some upgraded features maybe a FEW creature comforts but the same basic materials and design

Yeah with 2 and 4wd (solid axle) in Reg/Long/KC. Regular ride height and super tall for the 4X4 and regular ride height and super slammed for the 2wd crowd. With about a dozen rim/tire choices.

Standard Equipment:

Revised aluminum L block 2.4 liters variable valve timing 150 rwhp DOHC EFI (optional turbo)

5spd, 6 spd optional

FULL LSD rear ends, buyer must specify ratio.

Vented front rotors and 720/D21 calipers.(rear disc optional)

1" m/c with booster.

High output heater/fan. (optional AC)

Power steering/collapsible 2 piece column.

HID projector lamps in retro 5 1/2" headlights; LED tail lights/side marker

120 amp alt.

Steering column mounted head light/wiper controls.

Tachometer, clock. (full gauges with 4X4 option)

Bucket seats.

Tinted glass

Air bags.

think i just got a hardon.. i think oil temp/pressure gauges and water temp gauge not no stupid hot cold thing i want exact temp.. that should be standard in all that aluminum block 2.4 was a stroke of genius.. maybe they could make it a cross flow head.. i think a l24ve would produce 200hp EASY since the sr20ve produces 180-187 stock hmm maybe someone should try to put a SR block on a L engine haha

i bet toyota makes a rwd sports coupe before datsun comes back.

course the dealership for both will be @ the ski resort in hell

LOL, well, Toyota is going to make a small sporty RWD car, they and Subaru are designing one to be out in a couple years. Make sure you have fire proof clothes when you may possibly buying a Datsun, lol.

think i just got a hardon.. i think oil temp/pressure gauges and water temp gauge not no stupid hot cold thing i want exact temp.. that should be standard in all that aluminum block 2.4 was a stroke of genius.. maybe they could make it a cross flow head.. i think a l24ve would produce 200hp EASY since the sr20ve produces 180-187 stock hmm maybe someone should try to put a SR block on a L engine haha

With that many valves, cross flow is a given. Variable valve timing would give lots of bottom end grunt and nice flat torque curve.

The new beetle has sold well with many options for over 10 years. I still think it sucks. I do like the new minis though. Not really true to the original but they have safety requirements to live up to.

I saw a poster of a concept vw bus/transporter once at a dealership and it was pretty cool. I read in a vw mag that the safety standards prevented them from being able to stay true to the original style. Basically you have to have a certain ammount of space and impact cushion from the front bumper to the occupants area. What good would a new bus be if it had a nose to it?.

I reeeeeeeeealy like the new Dodge revamps too.