Datsun will return

cici

Tuesday 10th December 2002DATSUN COME BACK

Datsun will return says Ghosn

Nissan is planning to relaunch its Datsun brand in the future. That was the message from Nissan's president Carlos Ghosn last week. Nissan value the Datsun name, reckoning that it's an important asset of theirs.

In the UK Datsun isn't such a revered marque. It has a strong image amongst enthusiasts who remember the early Z cars - simple and elegant performance cars. However the man in the street normally associates Datsuns with the less desirable 120Y and other inelegant mainstream motors.

just a cool add i was reading

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best leave it in peace. I'm proud to own a car with a name that no longer exists. Nissan could only fuck it up if they bring it back. Look at the Ford Thunderbird it was an okay car in the mid fifties but became a bloated sled of a car. So they bring it back as a 'retro' 50s relic and is forgotten in a few short years. GM had their SSR truck a sort of retro '50/'60s custom truck/roadster abortion that was supposed to have the Corvette motor but as I heard it Corvette squawked about being shoved off it'd performance pedestal, so they de-tuned it to a dismal 0-60 in over 7 seconds. Typical of a long history at GM.... making cars that no one wanted.

There have been a few sucesses... the 'new' Steve McQueen' mustang. Now there's a car I've been waiting for for over 30+ years! A knockout! And the Dodge HEMI Daytona... had a ride in one! Damn that built in traction control or we would have rubbered all the way up the 401 on ramp!!!

Let's see... the 'new', 'new' CL510 Datsun, now with FWD CVT tranny and slow but 50 MPG hybrid engine. At Nissan we believe that giving you what you want is "not an option".

Maybe they will relaunch it with a new 510, wouldnt that be the best thing since all you can eat shrimp at Red Lobster.
There are too many concessions these days. Safety equipment, creature comforts, emissions restrictions, price...I don't think you can truly recapture much of what we appreciate about the old ones.
Every Datsun should be an auto tranny from now on just to please Mike. :)

There are too many concessions these days. Safety equipment, creature comforts, emissions restrictions, price...I don't think you can truly recapture much of what we appreciate about the old ones.

Exactly! And for Bleach there will be a retro 240Z with CVT tranny.:lol: ((for his old age)

You've seen the Neo 510 and Neo 240z right?