The Dime Finally Realized

4perrev

I have a blaster you can borrow.

I appreciate the offer, but it would make too much of a mess in my garage and the car is not rollable on the stands. The paint scrapper is where I'm at for now. Going pretty fast and keeps the dust down. Thanks again!!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hasn't gotten used since I got it from my buddy. Probably gonna get put to use real soon, I have a bunch of boxes floating around I can use for containment..... maybe

You're gonna use it when you blast your dime right? You definitely have the room in you garage.

You'll be glad you did. There is all kinds of junk waiting for you down there. Bring a respirator and some gloves, cause it's going to get dirty.....or clean when you're done!!

Ok, so I called a guy here in Marysville, WA. Guy quoted me at $550 for the whole shell. Inside / outside / and bottom. Just didn't want to leave you guys hanging on what I said earlier. Not $300, but close. If you're in the area and looking for the service, his business is: Alternative Blasters Corp. 360.653.9017.

Honestly I wouldn't want the whole she'll sand blasted. Someone one here did that once and ended up with a golf ball basically from the amount of damage on the thinner sheet metal. Maybe acid dip but not blasted

I should take that back it's for soda blasting not sand blasting.  Soda blasting will not F**** up good metal. You got to be careful sandblasting, I would do acid dip but man that is not cheap!

Cleaned out the rear wheel wells today. No more undercoating and clean enough to eat off. So I looked up at the fender and saw a pile of bonds. Decided to follow that squirrel and see how deep it went. Well, I'll let this show you:

A9zXamR.jpg

It was pretty deep. Decided to fix that on the spot. I have a wrecked 4 door and went out to cut up the rear fender. Not exactly the same, but I matched the curve best I could.

WNL8Sf3.jpg

Cut the old out:

V0dha2U.jpg

And matched it pretty good.

1cvxxsv.jpg

It will need a little smoothing, but not too bad overall!

Edited by 4perrev
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So I called a wrap company today and they quoted me 3-4K for just the colors on my concept. This is bringing then a freshly painted white car with not trim. Dammmmm! Guess I'm going to paint all of her. Anyways, here's a new rendering of the painted car.

tLnbUVg.jpg

Edited by 4perrev
  • Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Not too much to report other than the continued undercoating removal. Man, that sh!t is everywhere. Got the OCD going big time to remove it ALL! Nothing but time and patience spent in the past couple weeks. Oics to come when her belly's all clean.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Also finished up the polishing side of the exhaust ports. Those were time consuming to say the least. Turned out good and I think that's as far as they will get polished!

image_zps6yoytxwm.jpeg

And here are the exhaust valves. Obviously, the one on the left is how they started. Smoothed out all the weld bumps and they shall flow super smooth!

mM6mX9M.jpg

Edited by 4perrev