510 Rubber Trim Kits

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're looking for just windshield and rear window, there are only a couple of suppliers to get the majority of the pieces from: DatsunlandSocal as others have mentioned and DatSport in Australia. I recently bought a kit for my wagon from DatsunlandSoCal and everything has been fine so far with the exception of the rear door quarter window seals. I've heard about issues with their windshield seal but mine is fine so I'm not planning on replacing it any time soon anyway. 

I've heard good things about DatSport but when I looked they didn't have as complete a kit (at least for the wagon) as DatsunlandSocal has. I don't remember which pieces they didn't have, but I know there were some that I definitely wanted that they didn't carry.

I will cut to the chase ,, Datsocal window gaskets are total pieces of shit!!! The window gaskets he sold us first of all didn't fit worth a shit,, then  in less than three months of Northwest Washington sun,, cracked so bad they were absolutely  worthless .. The website says they are life time guarantee  ,, well if you think they will honor that shit you are as stupid as they figure everyone who has ever gotten screwed over by them ever was ..

Why patronize this junk dealer if they are willing to fuck you over . Go anywhere else to by your window gaskets..

This is not second hand experience ,, this was my experience.

So let it be written. So let it be done

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

We are the only company in Australia that has seals made locally.

Our manufacture is less than 6 miles away.

We are limited in making some seals as the costs involved with having moulds made is prohibitive.

It takes years in some cases to get a return on the investment.

The cost of quality rubber & the extrusions makes it hard for us to compete with people selling the crap

Thailand, Malaysian seals. We have been offered screen seals for $18 each, door seals for $7.

Others sell these crap seals on ebay & other places & make a fortune.

We do cargo bay seals for the wagons, but they are not exactly the same as the OEM versions.

The volume of sales we have would not justify the $30,000 it will cost for full dies to be made.

Here is the current list of wagon seals.

http://www.datsport.com/rubbers-510-wagon.html

Take note the prices are in $AU & include tax.

Discount the listed price by 14%

• Like 3