Autocross today, videos!

So Ugly Betty and I went to the autocross today, had a great time in the morning.  Some random funny moments with my uncle Mike in the car talking to the dog.  One comment was asking if he was wagging his tail, and I thought he was referring to the Stingray on the course, wagging his tail.   ;)  Ah family.  Anyway, had a blast. The afternoon sucked, I managed to go slower than the morning.  Ran a 45.68 in the am, could only manage a 46.00 in the afternoon.  Bah.  Anyway, here are a few videos.  Fastest run and a spinning run which got my uncle's adrenaline going, lol.

autocross810_zpsdc8841d5.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the results.  Beat solidly half the field, that makes me feel good.  That's raw times, not pax times, not by class.  I need to do some digging and downgrade my class since my nearest competitor not only is going a lot faster this year on new tires, but he went to CP from EP, so now I'm the only one left in EP.  Think I may try to get to ESP or something.  We shall see, perusing through the rulebook.

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/AUTOSPORTSNW/autocross%20event%205-2014_raw.htm

Happy too!  Sucks is my June is booked with vacations.  We pretty much have myself gone and everybody else every week.  Consequently, I'm going to miss the next autocross.  :(  It just so happens to be the week after Canby, in which case my assistant will be on vacation.  But I did check the regs and figure out I can run in DSP class which should offer more competition.  There are a few faster cars in it, but they're not as regular I don't think.  We shall see.  If I'm still employed by NAPA at that time, you can always stop by NAPA Cheney, I'll be there more than likely. ;)

As usual, I forgot there was an autocross, although it is 75 miles for me to get to Deer Park.  Looking at the vids and how you placed, the Maxima seems to be a better autocrosser than the truck. I see there are three 240Zs that ran. In theory, can the Maxima be competitive with a Z, or is it enough heavier to always be at a disadvantage? Are you using the Maxima for your daily? Seems like it might get better gas mileage than your trucks, and a smoother ride too.

Len