73 610 yellow starter wire?

Figured why the 610 would refuse to start at times, messed with starter wires and she started fine, and then noticed this cut yellow wire, anyone know what its for?   Also love the hack job on starter wires, and the partially melted rubber on other terminal.  Got some stuff to fix, i just want to know wtf the yellow wire is for and do / should i hook it back up. 

10322663_10154190586245331_7376371253457

10338733_10154190586615331_7991923776398

10371483_10154190586500331_6061070917978

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black/Yellow stripe is starter solenoid.

Yellow/Black stripe is the oil pressure sender to oil light in dash. I'm looking at the '74 610 FSM. All 620 senders are Yellow/Black stripe too

Have another look at that Yellow wire maybe a stripe on it. Looks like an after market oil pressure gauge has been added, and the Yellow/Black stripe wire still goes to the oil sender for the light. 

Yellow with a black line goes to the oil pressure sender, yellow with a white line goes to the water temp sender.

There are only a few yellow wires in the engine compartment, if you had an external voltage regulator, there would be a yellow wire there, and you possibly have one yellow wire going to the wiper motor, and the only other yellow wire leaving the cab would be the one that goes to the tank sender for the fuel gauge, there are 3 more yellow wires, but they all have to do with the heater motor and do not leave the cab.

I am assuming that most wiring harnesses are made the same back then.