Datsunland wagon hatch glass seal

67_1600

Edited to say the guy doing my glass got it to work, says it fit fine and the trim went back on with no issues at all. I'm not sure what he was doing initially, but all is good.

Has anyone installed the wagon hatch glass seal from datsunlandsocal? I have a guy installing the seal now and he says it's about an inch too tall. I'd done some research and it seemed like the general consensus was that, with an exception or two, his seals were pretty good and I definitely didn't find anything negative about the hatch glass seal.

I really don't want this to turn into a flame-fest, so if you don't have something related to this specific seal from him, please keep your comments to yourself - I know that just mentioning the name of his company will get a bunch of people here all worked up.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put one of Datsunlands seals on my wagon. It went on with out any issues. I LOVE MIKE :rolleyes: ..... He just hates me for some reason...

I had to have someone buy it for me. :rofl:

• Like 2

Edited 

it fit fine and the trim went back on with no issues at all. I'm not sure what he was doing initially, but all is good.

I have a guy installing the seal now and he says it's about an inch too tall.

sounds like it was rotated 90*

also waiting for feedback on it

Here are some pics of the rear seal installed. All in all I'm pretty happy but the upper corners aren't as square as I'd like. The pics were from pretty close - it isn't as pronounced when you're standing back a few feet. The trim went back on with no problems at all. I didn't get shots from the inside or the whole rear standing a little further back.

20140430_171514_zpsb11620eb.jpg

20140430_171643_zps426ac9e4.jpg

20140430_171656_zpsd25b9944.jpg

20140430_171704_zps863a0763.jpg

sounds like it was rotated 90*

also waiting for feedback on it

He had it oriented correctly - it's just a little tall. He did mention that they will shrink some over time but he wasn't used to that much excess.

They are not a perfect fit, But not many people are making them so anything is better that a 40 year old dried up cracked seal.

Installed one of these not too long ago.  I had laid it in the opening and it seemed to be too large.  Once it was installed with the glass and mouldings all looked pretty much the same as the pics you posted.

edit: Bear in mind my goon is still in the garage being assembled and has not been exposed to sun or heat.

• 2 weeks later...

That was Mikes old Wagon?

it sure was mike bought it off ebay out of vegas  did a full resto on it until he found a 68 2door 510 shell he needed parts for then he stripped the wagon stored it at my house for over a year john dropped of some parts at my house seen the wagon  bought and made it what it is today bad ass 

it sure was mike bought it off ebay out of vegas  did a full resto on it until he found a 68 2door 510 shell he needed parts for then he stripped the wagon stored it at my house for over a year john dropped of some parts at my house seen the wagon  bought and made it what it is today bad ass 

That's my story in a nut shell.

Well I wouldnt call it bad ass, but with grumpy driving it it's kind of a look at me I am gay thing which makes it unique,you know what I am saying.lol

Well I wouldnt call it bad ass, but with grumpy driving it it's kind of a look at me I am gay thing which makes it unique,you know what I am saying.lol

This from a guy that drives a convertable Audi sporting a fish net tank top, And tweety bird floor mats. On his way to have his eye brows done.

FUCKIN TROLL.....

And the price of the wagon hatch vents just keep going up...

• Like 1

Well I wouldnt call it bad ass , but with grumpy driving it it's kind of a look at me I am gay thing which makes it unique,you know what I am saying.lol

I call it bad ass :thumbup:     the only reason john is so grumpy is because he has to put up with you  as for the gay thing :sick:  only you would know about that  for unique the flyer sure is and no one knows what your saying  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:          

• Like 1

I call it bad ass :thumbup:     the only reason john is so grumpy is because he has to put up with you  as for the gay thing :sick:  only you would know about that  for unique the flyer sure is and no one knows what your saying  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:          

That's my boy!!! Tell him Nelson.