Alternatives to JCCS

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to see badly collision damaged vehicles either. But they are making it sound like if you dont have a paintjob you cant enter. I honestly could afford a paintjob this year.............IF, I did absolutely nothing else to my car this year.

I have a fairly clean car, no rust, no dents, it just doesnt have clear coat anymore, and theres tons of little things that I wont likely even be able to find for sale before JCCS, Where does that put me? I dont get it.

I can see if maybe it was so bad last year that they have to kind of scare some stuff off.

I guess as you said the best I can do is wait and try.

True point about AZ, but LA is only 5-ish hours.

No sweat!  There are very interested buyers from Japan at the JCCS who have recently gone beyond the sporadic Japanese car devotee maganazine spotty coverage of JCCS and have really began to attend this show in person or "authorised reperensentatives" to buy up the at least export version of the cars that their parents drove while they rode in the back seat.  Not to mention that the "Gaijin" versions with "exotic" left hand drive configuration have a "WOW" factor in Japan.  I personally got an obscenely high firm offer on my RL411 last year at the JCCS.  Since I obviously turned it down, I will be at the 2014 JCCS show with the same car!  The local domestic Japanese vehicle inspection requirements really discourage readwordiness passage of any vehicle more that 10 years old.  So, unless you are a true car nut and can beat the Japanese vehicle Mafais, you have to take extreme measures to make your more than 10year old vehicle pass a very " chicken shit" inspection which would make a German Federal inspection look like a Sunday School line up [brand new BMWs have failed because the wheel nuts were not torqued within the German tolerance specifications], or store it for some future brave soul that will either export it or battle the entrenched :maffia: that wants to see it on a boat to Vladivosk,

• Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canby in Oregon is a great show, and the meet in Williams AZ is growing each year. Both worth attending.

As for the JCCS thing, here's the deal..........There are a TON of people who want to show their cars at this, and rightfully so they should be able to pick the nicer ones. I love Datsuns, but if I'm going to spend the money on gas to drive from Phoenix, take the time, pay for hotels, food, and an entrance fee, I really don't want to see someones crappy project car. I have an ugly 510, a half finished track project, and a nice one. I wouldn't even think of taking the ugly one. Why? Cuz most people probably don't want to look at it, and honestly I feel like it wouldn't belong.

• Like 1

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to see badly collision damaged vehicles either. But they are making it sound like if you dont have a paintjob you cant enter. I honestly could afford a paintjob this year.............IF, I did absolutely nothing else to my car this year.

I have a fairly clean car, no rust, no dents, it just doesnt have clear coat anymore, and theres tons of little things that I wont likely even be able to find for sale before JCCS, Where does that put me? I dont get it.

I can see if maybe it was so bad last year that they have to kind of scare some stuff off.

I guess as you said the best I can do is wait and try.

True point about AZ, but LA is only 5-ish hours.

Remember my truck is not painted to so I am in the same boat. and we must remember there is Mazdas Hondas Toyota and every other budda head car to so it's not just us.lets hope for the best.

If you saw the movie, that dialogue started with "My friend doesn't like you"  "I don't like you either" etc etc.

Love your A(SS) posts!

Oh I get it now. I think I'll go post ass. :rofl:

The meet in Williams, AZ is kinda becoming the "new Shasta".

Just like the old Shasta meet: It's an all-Datsun event, it's set at a high elevation which makes it a nice break during summer, it's in a very small town, there is a car show with awards, there's a raffle, and fun runs. The only thing missing from this event is the autocross. I highly encourage people to attend.

Only thing about it not being the new shasta is its more than a 5 hour drive for me compared to shasta LOL

Pfffft! I used to drive 1000 miles and 15 hours *EACH WAY* in the summer, in my 510 with no a/c, from Phoenix to Shasta.

We also drive over to L.A. on a regular basis for shows, and that's a solid 6-7 hours depending on the venue and traffic. So I don't want to hear about "5 hours".

• Like 3

Those JCCS pricks won't let me enter my truck this year.  Fuck those guys!  I'll have my own car show.  Yea, that's it.  And I'll have prizes and kick ass car show babes.  I'll teach those pricks.

They'll be sorry.  Yea.

offthetruck_zps302a5ded.jpg

1.gif

It deserves to be in an earth fill!

Terry Yamaguchi just got back to me about JCCS, he said they are not looking for mint condition, perfect cars, and daily drivers are welcome.

So I will try and we will see what happens, I definitely got the wrong idea from what is posted on their site.

I hope to be able to go this year, fingers crossed.

• Like 1