EI dizzy

I spotted a EI dizzy yesterday (5/21/07) at the tigard U-pull-it. I did not really feel like pulling it even though i probably could have made a couple bucks selling it.

Anyways, it is in a 1980 datsun PU with L20b, think the truck was yellow. Its all the way at the back fence near the left corner.

I already have one, so here is your chance.

Jason

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1980 was the first year for the 'new' 720 truck. It was also the last year the good old L20B was used as well. Both it, the '80 720, and the '79 620, used the matchbox EI dizzy. Prior to this the '78 used an EI but with a remote igniter box mounted inside the cab. Before '78 only some California trucks used EI distributors, I believe.

This EI is the matchbox dizzy. It is the one that is easy to wire in and does not require the remote igniter box.

It is identical to the one that i swaped into my truck with l20b. I just didnt ned an extra so i left it for the next datsun enthusiast without trying to make a buck off someone.

Jason

I bet the truck is crushed already!!!!!!!!!

2 10mm bolts and pull. throw it over the fence then pick up later that night!!!

When I was younger I got caught doing that... The junk yard guy was not to happy haha he was fat and could run as fast as us. We where already on the outside, feww

You're still younger!!! lol It's a fine line, isn't it? (I'm not talking about throwing it over the fence) I mean, do you leave it for a possible someone else, or do you 'rescue' it from the crusher? Shit, I'd take it all home if I wasen't married, know what I mean. hehehe Got an L4N71B with L bell on it in the driveway, for when I get older. Is this how junk yards start?

Hey remember 'Stand By Me"? The junk yard and the boys taking a short cut through the yard and thinking the owner was yelling at the dog to "sic balls"?

yeah, I got the dizzy, Non-Clutch fan/pulley, Electric fan (10-12") and one of those oil caps with the japanese writing and elephant. Also got a set of ka injectors. Fairly good haul really. Not very good deal though, at least not for a junkyard.

yeah, I got the dizzy, Non-Clutch fan/pulley, Electric fan (10-12") and one of those oil caps with the japanese writing and elephant. Also got a set of ka injectors. Fairly good haul really. Not very good deal though, at least not for a junkyard.

If you have an EI for sale I sent you a PM Please let me know.

Thanks

Joe

• 2 months later...

Ok, I found another EI dizzy today. This time i took it. Again, I dont need it. I took the EI dizzy, the coil, and about six inches worth of the wiring to the dizzy. Thought it might splice in a little easier that way.

$50 plus shipping unless you want to pick it up.

Jason

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.