Low profile tires on 14' Z WHEELS

SRSANDS

Hey guys I am looking to buy tires for my 14" z rims and was wondering what profile, brand and zive you guys are running. I found Toyo makes a 195/45/14 and wanted to see a picture of the side wall. Anyone running 205s on these? Let me know...thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like 195-60-14 or even 185-60-14 yokohama tires or dunlop rubber. don't get sumitomo. if you can find a 205-55-14 go for that but it may make the tires look fat. I think that 195-45-14 may be too low pro. might look like rubber bands on the car and your ride will be harsh for not that big of a performance from even 60 series tires.

I dont think you can go wrong with Yokohama, although some of them have super short tread lives. In my experience Dunlop's are not worth the premuim you pay versus it's lower priced japanese rivals. The Falken RT-615's are great too for a road legal race tire.

I personally like the way my 165/45r15's look on my wheels, but keep in mind, going smaller in overall diameter will increase your revs at normal speeds and you'll use more gas. You may be more happy with a 195/60 i think however. If you're drivin a 510 I think that will keep your gearing stock.

What kind of driving will you be doing? DD? Auto cross? 4 wheelin? I can tell you my my observations with particular tires by way of customer feedback if you provide more info.

http://www.vulcantire.com/cgi-bin/tiresearch.cgi?stock=850&f=ze912hp_t.htm

What's your take on Falken? I had some on my old wheels but never had a chance to really drive on them.

I think they're a decent tire, no yokohama or bf goodrich, but for the price they're killer. Try Discout Tire Co there in Utah, they get really good deals on Falken, when means a better price for you.

I think the key to any low-pro tire is to rotate the shit out of them. They all cup really badly across the tread, and rotations every 3,000 miles will lessen this.

Hey guys I am looking to buy tires for my 14" z rims and was wondering what profile, brand and zive you guys are running. I found Toyo makes a 195/45/14 and wanted to see a picture of the side wall. Anyone running 205s on these? Let me know...thanks

i wouldn't mind seeing pics of this myself, i know the 185 60 14's look superb on stock 14 x 6 z rims, but have no stretch.

i think the 195 45 14, might have a little stretch. like i said, i have not seen them.

i wouldn't mind seeing pics of this myself, i know the 185 60 14's look superb on stock 14 x 6 z rims, but have no stretch.

i think the 195 45 14, might have a little stretch. like i said, i have not seen them.

I really dont think it would look much different. Heres a link to pics of my 165/45's on a 6" wide wheel: http://forum.ratsun.net/showpost.php?p=77936&postcount=131

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix
I personally like 195-60-14 or even 185-60-14 yokohama tires or dunlop rubber. don't get sumitomo. if you can find a 205-55-14 go for that but it may make the tires look fat. I think that 195-45-14 may be too low pro. might look like rubber bands on the car and your ride will be harsh for not that big of a performance from even 60 series tires.

Those sizes you are talking about are relative to wheel width, and not universal.

I do like 205/55/14, but you must have a 7 or 8 in wheel, or else the sidewall balloons and the tire does not spread it's tread properly.

I have 185/60/14 on 14X7 wheels and albeit it is just fine, I am not happy with it.

195/45/14 might be too low for a wide wheel, like a 14X7 or 14X8 , but the stock Z wheel is 5.5 if I am not wrong, 6 at the most, and in that case the tires would look good.

Sumitomo is a great tire, I had 215/50/13 on 13X8 in my performance B210 and the tires were excellent. I had coil overs, sway bars, all the works, and those tires were great, and not only performers, but long lasting, street perf tires, unlike competition compounds that last nothing.

I am curious about that low profiled tire, where did you find it SRSANDS?

Since I have wider wheels ( my 610 has 14X8 rear, 14X7 front ) I would like to check the tire selection.

My 710 has 14X7 all around, 195/45/14s might look nice after looking at your 165/45/14 on 6 in wheels.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

195/45/14 might be too low for a wide wheel, like a 14X7 or 14X8 , but the stock Z wheel is 5.5 if I am not wrong, 6 at the most, and in that case the tires would look good.

I dont know of any 4 lug nissan/datsun wheels wider than 6 inches. My 15" snowflakes are 6". And the 6 spoke are 6" as well. I think a 195/45 would be fine on a 7". My 165/45's fit too well on my 6"s, so 195/45's should fit better 5mm wider, and 13.50mm taller on a 7" wheel.

Guest jaimesix

Cool guys.

Duncan, I look forward for those pixes. I think those tires are what my 710 needs .

That 1200 is getting better and better.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

how far off will your speedometer be with those tires?

Im not a 510 owner, so I dont know the factory size. I tried finding it, and I think it was related as roughly 155/13. If I remember from my tire schooling (lame, yes, I know) this is roughly equal to a 83 series sidewall. So, if the factory size was a 155/83r13 (i know it doesnt exist) and a 195/45r14 is being installed, there will be a 2.22" difference, the latter being shorter.

Heres the chart.

5pn0r6.jpg

Guest jaimesix
Im not a 510 owner, so I dont know the factory size. I tried finding it, and I think it was related as roughly 155/13. If I remember from my tire schooling (lame, yes, I know) this is roughly equal to a 83 series sidewall. So, if the factory size was a 155/83r13 (i know it doesnt exist) and a 195/45r14 is being installed, there will be a 2.22" difference, the latter being shorter.

Heres the chart.

5pn0r6.jpg

Hey Sickdrift, that is a cool tool for tire study. Where can I access that tool?

Thanks.

Jaime._________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
They look great! Now you gotta dump your ride.

I hope you mean "Lower" your ride. A Datsun 1200 is a very cool, indeed one of the coolest Datsun ever.

Looks great Duncan. Your 1200 is looking awesome!

I hope you mean "Lower" your ride. A Datsun 1200 is a very cool, indeed one of the coolest Datsun ever.

Looks great Duncan. Your 1200 is looking awesome!

Yes... I would never suggest he get rid of it.

D-U-M-P it to the Gris-ound... to get rid of the wheel gap.

Guest jaimesix
Yes... I would never suggest he get rid of it.

D-U-M-P it to the Gris-ound... to get rid of the wheel gap.

Cool. I sort of understood, I knew you did not mean it, but just wanted to make sure.

I need to get some new terminology in my arsenal of words.....:cool:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Cool. I sort of understood, I knew you did not mean it, but just wanted to make sure.

I need to get some new terminology in my arsenal of words.....:cool:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Ha, no worries, I'm so out of touch it's abusrd. I'm only 31 and already cant figure out whats wrong with "todays youth!"