B(oosted)-210

bunny reid

Hey guys, Im getting a full KA-T swap (sr turbo, no crazy HP numbers) pretty soon with stock 240 5spd, and im gonna need some tech help. Has anyone else done this before? (my hearts torn on which answer im looking for, if you catch my drift) Figured Id start discussions now - so lets start with what I need! I need rad suggestions (intercoolers fairly small) measuring it out once the engines in - good or bad idea? Im planning a battery relocation once i pull the A14

where to track down a S110 200sx x-member, and/or an h190 diff? or any other diff suggestions? I would love to use an R200V if its easy enough. driveline will be last on my list and probably not considered until everything else is dropped, unless theres an known, easier solution. any ideas on how much a custom one could be made for?

yes, this thing will be tested, probably often, but it most definitely wont be beaten. looking and running good, along with reliability are my main concerns. I want to keep this thing forever

and last but not least, is getting a CAN/AM box as easy as pm'ing Icehouse?

Ill be using this as a build thread, it can be moved if needed, i dont mind. I am new to big projects as such, but i am willing, eager, and love to learn, especially about cars. That being said - start talking to me! Keep the ridicule to a minimum and keep the ideas coming! I know you guys know way more than I, and Im counting on you!

Thanks boys!

• Like 1
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a head up on the x-member, the 510 x-member is a bolt in swap and has the L-series towers which tons have people have mounted KAs to. Not sure of the specifics, but datsunfreak clued me in on the 510 x-member when I was looking at a CA swap for my B210. The 200sx may be the same x-member as well, but the right 200sx is harder to find down here than a 510 x-member.

• Like 1

The r200 involves many more steps to fit than the H190. It requires fab work and making sure everything lines up correctly, as well as a lot of crap I don't understand. However, "easy" is relative to your skill. Datsunfreak may have found his IRS swap easy, but I see it as evil black magic...

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Rear_Axle_Swaps

That should get you started.

However, "easy" is relative to your skill. Datsunfreak may have found his IRS swap easy, but I see it as evil black magic...

So did I, until I did it. And I think I'm about to do it again...   :rofl:

It's not "easy" really. You need to have a fairly decent amount of fab skill, a shitload of patience, and either the ability to weld or a good friend who can.  :thumbup:

good input, i have been doing a lot of reading up on everything since yesterday and understand it much better, hoping to buy a rolling s13 shell to start off the swap after a can/am box is in my hands. s13 front and rear suspension swap with s13 rear end, crossmember, and once everythings mounted, get a driveshaft made up..

sounds like a plan! uh oh..

i was thinking about getting her towed to the shop to be measured for the shaft, probably a good idea right?

datsunfreak, what kind of modifications did you have to make to the subframe/chassis?

im moving soon to a place with open shop space, but limited tools for now. luckily, a friend of mine works at a track and has access to a variety of tools that will help through out this build. i can feel it, the wheels are turning!

datsunfreak, what kind of modifications did you have to make to the subframe/chassis?

None. My goal was to get it in and working with zero mods to the car itself, only mods to the rear suspension. That way if ever desired I (or the next owner) could put the live axle back in. I did have to drill 4 holes, but that's it. 

• Like 1

Bunny, I think we need to meet up one day.... I have yet to meet anybody else who owns a B210 that's on Vancouver island. My car is in Victoria, but I work in Alberta so it will take some time until we can find a time that works for both of us. I have an H190, but it's not for sale. I might be able to source you an H190 from sooke though, either from an A10 wagon, or 720 pickup, both will need to be shortened or you will need to run positive offset wheels, or flares.

are you talking about the guy in portugal doing the s13 swap?   from what i remember of that thread is him making it look much easier than it actually is.

unless you are bent on IRS(which i would understand), or planning on beating the snot out of it,  i would just swap the motor and go with the stock rearend, it will probably last longer than you think.

the amount of rubber im planning to kill has definitely got me set on the irs, especially with upgrade options for the diff available down the road.

Im not sure wheres hes from; but he flips his 4dr on its head to mount some xmembers... lucky bastard! anyways, even with some custom cross members to fab/weld to the frame, or as datsunfreak suggests, if only 4 holes are needed, it cant be so scary guys! wheres the ambition? :)

datsunfreak, can i ask you to take some pictures of your IRS in your b210? sounds too good to be true!