Excited: My B

0r0B210

Changed the fuel pump, filter, hoses, air filter, oil/oil filter, multiple cooling system flushes, radiator hoses, thermostat, vacuum hoses, spark plugs/wires, cap/rotor/points, and engine belts.  

Front seats have been replaced with black seats containing the original seats' weave pattern.  

I still have to update the timing components and gap the valves so I can get its smog cert.

It has been driving at a stable temperature and idles nicely.  It has 150 psi in three cylinders and 145 in the No.4 piston.  Just, has been running like a true champion.  

I plan to change literally every engine component and gaskets, as well as, every suspension and steering component and bushings.  I want to upgrade the engine...one day...with stock A14T carbs and intake manifold, upgraded headers.  I want to relocate the strut spring perches under their current locations with 280z tokico inserts (front and back), find a brake system upgrade, do a G20 interior swap keeping the stock B210 dash and door panels.  I want to insulate the interior replace the weatherstripping all the way around.  Then, to the paint shop.  The wheels are still being debated, but am interested in those Circle Racing wheels that look like steelies.  I want to keep it simple and tasteful.  

CAM00113_zpsac960c48.jpg

CAM00110_zps19b6d3e1.jpg

CAM00121_zps047ed58d.jpg

CAM00115_zpsd58c47f5.jpg

CAM00123_zpsb2bc1502.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tensioners almost never wear out on a B210 motor, but I understand you wanting to have new stuff.

Really?  That is hard to believe.  Well, I will gap the valves and go from there.  It saves me a few gasket replacements and time, so because more than two people have told me the same about the A14 timing, I will follow the advice.  Thanks all.

• Like 1

Really?  That is hard to believe.  Well, I will gap the valves and go from there.  It saves me a few gasket replacements and time, so because more than two people have told me the same about the A14 timing, I will follow the advice.  Thanks all.

i did have to change mine from canby, the tensioner was definitely giving out a little, the car kept skipping way past 20 in timing before i was able to fix it

It can easily be measured per the repair manual. Or tested without disassembling the engine (loose distributor timing is the giveaway).

If the engine doesn't smoke it I'd very unlikely that the tensioner is worn out. But anything can happen.

By the way, you can buy a new remanufactured A14 from Nissan.

It can easily be measured per the repair manual. Or tested without disassembling the engine (loose distributor timing is the giveaway).

If the engine doesn't smoke it I'd very unlikely that the tensioner is worn out. But anything can happen.

I wonder if I can get an A14T with a 5-speed.  LOL, that would be awesome.  I dont know what you mean by smoking it, but my car does not shoot any smoke once it is warmed up.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Check it out guys- I installed the Pertronix Ignitor and I LOVE IT.  Much better response on the throttle at any RPM.  Easily goes over 80 now.  I dont even notice it and I am crossing the 80mph boundary.  Here is a video of it idling.  Sound is decent, but does not reflect how quiet the idle is now.  Don't talk crappola- I have not cleaned the engine bay since i got it on November 6th, 2013.  I can't wait to change the head gasket, install the Flamethrower Coil, upgrade the wires, and plugs.

http://youtu.be/GpKMcTJMm6c

Just purchased a Felpro engine gasket set for my, little, B!  He is going to be pretty close to, 'as good as new' as I can get him.  After that valve gapping, and a few emissions valve replacements.  Then, off to the smog check station.  

Quick question/s:

After installing the Pertronix Ignitor I noticed the engine running perfectly smooth on the freeway.  With the kit that I purchased came a Flamethrower ignition coil (40,000K) which will create a giant spark.  Would this help burn more fuel in the cylinder?  And, does this translate in less harmful emissions coming out of the tail pipe?  In other words, would this help me pass the emissions test (CA)?  Or should I keep the stock coil?  

Really? What about an A15? And what year engine? You don't want the one starting in 1979... Intake manifold ports are made for economy consumption
  • 3 months later...

Installed a tachometer and swapped the steering wheel.  (Two screws release the two spoke/two horn button wheel design)

photo2-1_zpsf915d426.jpg

photo1-1_zpsd2f01aaf.jpg

I should have thought of doing a before and after shot with the cluster cap and tachometer.  oh well.  ILR!

• Like 1