New guy here

Hello, new guy's first post. I've followed and searched the forum for a while now, thought i should finally join. Don't own myself a Datsun just yet, but that'll change soon enough. Im a Marine, stationed in NC, but originally from Oregon. Obviously, the Datsun scene is a little more scarce here than home. Will be going to this car next week (http://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/4254716084.html), if all checks out it'll be mine. Just wanted to introduce myself, and maybe get some thoughts on that 510. Cheers

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.

I like that car.  It was posted up on the "post craigslist ads" thread.  From what I can see, it looks good for the money. The only thing I question from some of the body work choices, is;  how much filler is in the car?  I'd check inside the trunk area thoroughly and under the car for any damage or signs of covered up rust.

• Like 1

Welcome from downunder dude.

The car looks ok in the pics, but I have to say the intercooler is gayer than ellen degeneres.

Im sure of you search around you'll find this info, but if you dont already know, 510's have a tendency to rust in the floor pans, bottom of the front fenders, bottom of the doors (lie on the ground and look at the door underneath), in the wheel well in the trunk, and in the bottom of the rear quarter panels (dont know if thats the Murican word for them).

Having said all this, doesnt mean they are rust buckets, these are just the key places to look.

Good like finding the right car.

• Like 1

Do like the matching black grill, wipers and mirrors and taillight trim. Don't like the gauges mounted into the dash pad, big no no. Door arm rests missing or the MDS. Also don't like the dual fart cannons... for symmetry I like duals that work but are just pipes.

00U0U_a5KWp1Q3vMk_600x450.jpg

Matte black the inter cooler and the pipes will improve the looks 100%

Rims look like 5 lugs... probably from the 300zx (I can live with them... specially if factory mags)

00000_8lwwBBn6AdA_600x450.jpg

Clutch LSD or viscous? Probably R-180 or R-200??

Shaving the marker lights is illegal but... who cares?

You could certainly do a lot worse for the money... I like.

• Like 1

Mike makes some good points.  I also see that it needs a headliner.  Not a big deal, you can get them new.  It looks like it would be a decent "drive-able project".  Just to re-iterate, I'm going to assume that there is no rear bumper or pinch weld/body seams, because it was hit in the rear.  It also looks like it was a blue car, painted orange, and then engine bay was rattle canned red to somewhat match the orange paint....

Take a magnet with you when you go to look at. See if it sticks to the rear of that thing. The guy could have at least vacuumed the leaves and shit off the floor before he took the pic's.

Not a bad looking car. Just needs to be de riced.

Welcome to Ratsun. And thank you...For your service. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I would pass on this one my friend,I can tell you from experience that this thing is going to be a problem,wiring looks like a hack job the rear apron,is fugly.The MSD box is zipped tied down the turbo is really rusty,and how hard did he drive it no bumpers like mike said gauges bolted down to the dash. Passenger door panel grab handle,what the fuck are those switches on the headliner.The front apron is smoothed out,along with the fact that the car has been shaved from side markers and pillar vents,you will dump money in this one.And to me the KA24 is not worth it.I would rather look for a Stock or more of stock form 510 that is not all cut up,you will be soaking soem dollars in this thing,but if that is what you like then hey it looks good on you.

And thank you very much for your service.