Portland Roadster Show

Anyone else entering there, i figure John will be there with white zombie as usual....maybe lol.  But i just got this email back today from Fast Specialties in vancouver.

Hello Dan. We would like to offer you a spot in our booth at the Roadster show. call us or stop by and we can figure out the details.

Excited they want me at their booth, i had already sent in my registration, but now Art will be sitting at their booth. This is my first time doing a show thats like this, dont want or care to win anything, just excited for non datsun people to be able to see her.  Anyone have any experience with the show, i havent gone in like 8 years. My dad did show his yellow 1200 back in 1994, so kind of funny im doing it with my 510 20 years later. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a big classic car show here in Bend every year and I'm always blown away with the detail/quality. If you want to impress, start cleaning and polishing now... I'm talking q-tip clean. Even if its not absolutely perfect in plating and paint, shiny and dirt free go a long ways.

• 1 month later...

He used to have the lil yellow 1200 back in the 90's.  Sucks the guy he sold it to tore it apart :(

He sold it to me & i did NOT tear it apart. I drove it for a year or 2, then sold it exactly how i bought it.

He sold it to me & i did NOT tear it apart. I drove it for a year or 2, then sold it exactly how i bought it.

Then it was the guy you sold it to that tore it apart?   The carbs and manifold are on that green 1200 thats been for sale on cl before for 9500, we saw it about 5-10 years ago, wasnt the same car at all anymore.  Its hard to remember who ended up tearing it apart with how young i was when he sold it.  Do miss that 1200. 

Then it was the guy you sold it to that tore it apart?   The carbs and manifold are on that green 1200 thats been for sale on cl before for 9500, we saw it about 5-10 years ago, wasnt the same car at all anymore.  Its hard to remember who ended up tearing it apart with how young i was when he sold it.  Do miss that 1200. 

Here it is for sale in 2009. http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=compact&order=ASC&topic_id=37870&forum=2

Yah so he replaced the nice dual su's, with a webber, that green 1200 has the old dual su's on there, my dad noticed that at canby last year and was like those are the old su's that were on my 1200.   I remember vomiting all over in that car on the way to shasta lol. Had a bad tendency where i would lay on my stomach on the passenger seat and sleep as my dad drove, then i would get car sick.  

Yah so he replaced the nice dual su's, with a webber, that green 1200 has the old dual su's on there, my dad noticed that at canby last year and was like those are the old su's that were on my 1200.   I remember vomiting all over in that car on the way to shasta lol. Had a bad tendency where i would lay on my stomach on the passenger seat and sleep as my dad drove, then i would get car sick.  

HA! I didn't notice any vomit stains.

Thanks, i was rejected entry, but fast specialties sponsored me in one of their spots, seems they really only want american cars, but i just cant take no for a answer lol.  Guess the guy with fs really likes my car and wanted it in their booth, which is funny because the modify cars, so having a preserved car at their booth will look really weird.  My dad did the PRS back in 94 with his 1200, so kind of cool im doing it with my datsun 20 years later. 

Interesting, Im supposed to set up at hall E at 9am wed morning, yet i just got a email from the roadster show saying they have no paperwork on me and i wont be allowed entry. Really getting tired of this i feel like they dont want me to show with how many issues ive had with them. 

I don't think it has to do with being an American car , it has to do with how it's set up..A dude i went to school with used to take his old Fiat Topolino there every year , but it had a Hillborn fuel injected V8 hell i only ever heard i run once.  And there used to be the flag painted VW bug that was at every indoor show but it had a ridiculous engine in the front.  Push them off the trailer, into show, push them out after, back on trailer, repeat.

Gees that was a long time ago as he's been dead more than 20 years now.

Put a Chevy in it with parts of it hanging out the hood ,, your in like flynn

1780796_10153929010350331_211088657_n.jp

1011401_10153929010400331_1028403881_n.j

1970477_10153929010220331_351125005_n.jp

1780796_10153929010350331_211088657_n.jp

Just got the driver side to go, then polish up chrome, touch up engine bay, clean windows and interior, then get my new hub cap on and clean up the white walls and shes ready to show.  Feels like im further along, but after typing that i feel like i have way to much to go LOL

Got set up today, had lots of people looking and asking questions as i was polishing her back up and setting up my display, lots of love for her already at a mainly domestic show, love how unique Art is, and the attention she gets, Arthur would love it. 

D90A4493-E573-454C-94F0-49D8A27FD4F5_zps

FA693BDB-57FA-4DD5-8938-788AC3C8EEB9_zps

A3232097-776C-44F1-968A-9BDFF971B2BE_zps

81CCE24F-A486-4CE6-B4A6-00B2A3450E36_zps

0B116210-5992-42E0-B311-22F55BE5D85C_zps

Im parked next to a monster LOL

• Like 1