Eatlag's Question/Progress Thread

EatLag

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy to ask for this is http://community.ratsun.net/user/2344-sealik/

It would help if you had a project thread and all these posts could be kept together. Way easier for

everyone to find.

And he posts right on time... like a boss. Still say the 3 wire plug will be near the tach... maybe tapped up into the harness. Look

Well as some of you may know, (datzenmike) i've been asking questions all over the place so he suggested to make one thread with it all ;) so i have,

I was at work today when sealik was trying to help me with my rpm gauge issue, but i've got some photos now

jr8N3RZ.jpg

what do each of the 3 prongs do, they're behind the rpm gauge, and i can't read wiring diagrams for shit,

now most of you have been saying that their should be a plug taped up somewhere i have looked in every nook and cranny to find it, and i'm damn certain its not their! 

PY2X0Uj.jpg

this is behind my dash anyway :)

I went threw all this a month ago, you are going to have to pull that dash harness out of it's tangs that hold it in there, if you have done it already, then just wire the stock tach yourself.

Number one post goes to the negative side of the coil, number 2 post goes to keyed power, number 5 is ground, there should be numbers on the back of the tach.

DSCN2190.JPG

There is supposed to be a resister in that line to the coil, I don't know nothing about that kind of stuff.

I actually put an aftermarket tach in my truck today.

Right.. not to sound retarted, but what and where is the coil on a z24?

Oh.....yea......well..........I don't know about that situation, dual coils that is, I am dual coil challenged, so I only have engines that have one coil, or none at all, your going to have to find someone else that knows how to wire a tach to the Z24 engine.

If I were to guess, I would say you could just use one of them coil connections to make the tach work, follow one of the distributor cap center wires from the cap to the inner fender, that should go straight to one of the coils.

The terminals on the coil are marked + and minus. For testing just wrap the wire around the - terminal post.

If you have an 8-plug engine, be sure to use the primary coil as the secondary coil shuts off sometimes.

:lol:  Primary coil, they just figured out what a coil is, and you go and throw a curve ball. :lol:

• Like 1