The New Guy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone, 

I think I'll wait on the rims until I get the rear flares on (and fronts).  Other wise i'm just guessing on the height and width, but hoping that won't be too long.

I know you are in AZ, but wanted to know if you were going to Eagle Rock, this will be my first.  Have a list of items to the 510 keeper, need to pick those up at the swap meet.

Im diggin it...I really think you guys can spray this DIY, about 250.00 in paint material..I dont know how much body work you have to do besides adding the rear flares, your worst case, the boys could paint jams, interior, under hood and trunk lid, areas where glass sits ...and really you cant mess up THAT bad, plus those areas can get by with one coat of a nice clear and done.

Put most of the car back together after that, If by then you dont want to squirt the rest, let me know I have a number of friends that may do it for a good price.

Im at that point on the Camaro, dont have the stones to spray the exterior, well cutting and buffing are my fears...but thats a whole different type of car $$$ wise.

Get work! :thumbup:

Boone, 

I think I'll wait on the rims until I get the rear flares on (and fronts).  Other wise i'm just guessing on the height and width, but hoping that won't be too long.

I know you are in AZ, but wanted to know if you were going to Eagle Rock, this will be my first.  Have a list of items to the 510 keeper, need to pick those up at the swap meet.

No Eagle Rock for us...should be pulling the motor this weekend on the Z.....not real happy with one of the boys grades right now, so its hard for me to get pumped up about getting their car done....lol

Im diggin it...I really think you guys can spray this DIY, about 250.00 in paint material..I dont know how much body work you have to do besides adding the rear flares, your worst case, the boys could paint jams, interior, under hood and trunk lid, areas where glass sits ...and really you cant mess up THAT bad, plus those areas can get by with one coat of a nice clear and done.

Put most of the car back together after that, If by then you dont want to squirt the rest, let me know I have a number of friends that may do it for a good price.

Im at that point on the Camaro, dont have the stones to spray the exterior, well cutting and buffing are my fears...but thats a whole different type of car $$$ wise.

Get work! :thumbup:

Lots of body work to do.  We are going to do the body work ourselves.  Need to replace lots of floor panels, some nasty shitty crappy old bondo to remove.  I suck at body work, but should be pretty good at it by the time we are finished :thumbup: !!!!

First up is floor pan repair, then we will tackle our suspension and steering issues, then body work..........then.....then......then......then.......I keep telling myself we have a year, but some some strange reason I want to get it done now........wonder why?

Sorry to hear about the boys grades.  No Datsun work til they improve!!!!!      While they are at school, you should put the car out front with a big ass FOR SALE sign on it.  Nice little wake-up call when they return from school and see that!!!!  (of course it's just to make a point, not to really sell it.....)

Lots of body work to do.  We are going to do the body work ourselves.  Need to replace lots of floor panels, some nasty shitty crappy old bondo to remove.  I suck at body work, but should be pretty good at it by the time we are finished :thumbup: !!!!

First up is floor pan repair, then we will tackle our suspension and steering issues, then body work..........then.....then......then......then.......I keep telling myself we have a year, but some some strange reason I want to get it done now........wonder why?

Sorry to hear about the boys grades.  No Datsun work til they improve!!!!!      While they are at school, you should put the car out front with a big ass FOR SALE sign on it.  Nice little wake-up call when they return from school and see that!!!!  (of course it's just to make a point, not to really sell it.....)

Love the idea on the fake Sale...Im sure my wife would support it as well. Im giving them one more week.....I already have the no grades no hockey put out there last night.....THAT alone should be a wake up call...we will see....lol.

Yeah I think by the time you get half way through the body work, you guys will become above average body guys then most...lol. I like you guys are able to do multipal thing, engine, suspension, body work....Boys can loose interest in body work quick, nice to direct their attention to another area, while they hope the body work magically does itself over night while they sleep.....I know Ive been there...lol.

• 2 weeks later...

clean and paint and clean and paint and clean and paint, rinse and repeat!!!

Ryans

everything is looking very nice, great progress and pics are nice too...lol. Its going to turn out real nice, keep a watch on the boys enjoying the fumes too much....lol Just sayin...but really good to see the progress. I posted the pics I sent you on the phone on ours, Terrell broke a bolt off in the oil pick up, so it slowed us down for 3 days trying to get it out. Should be rockin and rollin over the weekend, maybe the motor will be back in...we will see.

Side note..grades and tests scores moving up..slowly.

• Like 1

Boone, great to hear about the grades! Sucks about bolt, we have busted one off as well but on the pedal frame. We are heading to eagle rock sunday to look for some parts. Next up for us is undercoating, then I need to find clutch and brake master, then run new break lines. Or maybe drop the rear suspension or, or, or.

they should move this thread to Project Datto section.....but anyway....try keep your focus at Eagle Rock...lol. I know when I go to meets...I loose my mind as to what I was looking for and why....sorta like a strip club...

The bolt issue well, lets just say we did something else...lol. Casting cracked and broke in the area where the threads are, just ran a through bolt, nylon lock nut and washers, lock tight and all....should be fine. Got some engine painting done last night, just waiting for oil pan gaskets to button this thing up.

This weekend theres that, and hope to finish the engine bay as well....we will see.