Change of Hart ..........Get It?

Was gonna yank the 6 banger and transplat a 4 bolt main Chevy 350 witha T5 trans now looks like maybe save the original engine and go with triple webers and a 5 speed. Saw both on your pages and fair prices. Now some headers to bolt to our custom exhaust and some gages and she will come back to life. Time to converse and do some shopping and ditch the SU carbs.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look gang this 260Z is going to scream when finished the old 6 pulls a strong 30 inches of vacuum so with headers and a custom exhaust and tuning I'm there. Once she is on the street and passes her physical we can do all the other mods and post the pics on Photo Bucket. COMING ATTRACTIONS

Very abbreviated but chebby V8 into 260z car.

Look gang this 260Z is going to scream when finished the old 6 pulls a strong 30 inches of vacuum so with headers and a custom exhaust and tuning I'm there. Once she is on the street and passes her physical we can do all the other mods and post the pics on Photo Bucket. COMING ATTRACTIONS

30" of mercury? 29.919" is the maximum at sea level and is pretty much an impossible total vacuum. Much less above sea level. If so, what will the motor run on? Idle is usually around 15" -18" and deceleration with the throttle closed maybe as high as 25". Anything above idle the throttle plate is open and there is a massive vacuum leak. At WOT, wide open throttle, it can be as low as 2"-3" of vacuum.

It's not to scientific really. It's a 74 260 2+2 It could pull 15' of vacuum, But it's still going to be a 2+2 Heavy and slow.

Not with a 350 in it, it will be heavy and awesome.

Only Hart I know makes racing wheels.

bret-hart-o.gif

the hit man hart?

'c mon guys, we don't have many V8 Z cars. There was one in town near me about 20 years ago. Sweet chevy sounds coming from a 280z were different.

Was gonna yank the 6 banger and transplat a 4 bolt main Chevy 350 witha T5 trans now looks like maybe save the original engine and go with triple webers and a 5 speed. Saw both on your pages and fair prices. Now some headers to bolt to our custom exhaust and some gages and she will come back to life. Time to converse and do some shopping and ditch the SU carbs.

I have one of each. I am knee deep in V8 Z as we speak, and it's not much fun to work on. I cant wait to get started on the 72 6 cyl car. 

There is a lot of things you will need to do to the V8 car to make it live. It's not just a drop in and go. Be prepared.

There is a lot of things you will need to do to the V8 car to make it live. It's not just a drop in and go. Be prepared.

It's pretty close if you go with a normal carb'd Chevy 350... if you're doing something like an LS1 you pretty much have to go through the whole car.  4 bolt 350s are everywhere and dirt cheap.

My dad and I have been working on a buddys 240z... damn I'm not a fan at all of the L24 and SU carbs.  I can't help but think about how much awesomeness a V8 would add to that thing.  The OP may have an early 260z which means it's lighter like the 240z.

Just a fer instance. The r200 diff will take the stress, but the diff mounts wont. You need to switch mustache bar bushings to urathane and fab up a method of holding the front of the diff down. The stock half shafts are not going to take a lot of abuse. Most upgrade to CV axles.