521 seat options

Parkinglotslider521

So i'm trying to find info on a good choice of seats to put in my truck. I'm 6'1"-ish and i'm tired of hitting my head on the roof, and rubbing my crotch on the wheel (giggidy) while driving.

I have searched multiple times with no results, but if this has already been covered i'm sorry. I'd like to get a list going of what seats different Ratsuner's have mounted in their 521's, how much room the seats offer in-cab and what it took to mount them. The more easily accessable and low profile, the better.

I'm currently running a set of random Toyota buckets (celica i believe) that came unmounted in my truck when i bought it. I built a frame out of box steel, welded the seat frames to it (the only option for mounting to the frame I built) and bolted them in. they are comfortable as far as seats go, and I'd absolutely love them if they were lower to the floor, but the frames are way too wide to fit centered in their respective spots.

Thanks for any input, and I'll get pics of my setup tomorrow when i clean up the cluster-f^&k that is the interior of my truck. im currently rewiring my dash and redoing my audio system, so it looks like shit atm.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best option is to find a stock 520/521 bench seat, any bucket seat is going to have an issue of some kind.

You could look for a bench seat in a Datsun 620 or a Toyota truck, I wish you luck in your search. :)

Some big guys have an issue with the bench seat also, and they have shortened the steering column, and/or used a smaller steering wheel.

Almost no chance of working out but!  If you can find a 410 or 411 sedan their bucket seats just might bolt up to the 521.  A lot of sheet metal is either spot on or close enough that a little arm wrestling can make fit.  The floor pans "ought" to be identical or very close.  My wife is 4 feet 11 inches and I am 5 feet 7 inches.  The 411 bucket seats have enough adjustment that we fit very comfortable in our 411.  Fore and Aft adjustment takes you from belly button on the steering wheel to a painful knee cramp for the rear seat passenger [which you will not have to worry about in your 521.  The head room spacing is even better than in our 240SX!  Hope you find a well fitting seat solution!

I should mention that I have been looking for a 521 seat FOREVER. I can't find one anywhere within 500 miles, and ads on here are pointless. But thanks for the advice.

I am sorry to hear that, look in all the wrecking yards, look in all the small trucks, find a bench seat with a thin back and mount it any way you can as low as possible.

mine came with it when i bought it but i was told they are from a 60s mustang, small black buckets in vynil. im 6'3" and its anoyying to shift but sits well. they came with original brackets and i just drilled and bolted them to the floor. i can try and get you a pic sometime if your interested.

mine came with it when i bought it but i was told they are from a 60s mustang, small black buckets in vynil. im 6'3" and its anoyying to shift but sits well. they came with original brackets and i just drilled and bolted them to the floor. i can try and get you a pic sometime if your interested.

lets see some pics!!

I run a stock bench that I lowered 1.5 inches ...... Best option ..... Tried roadster buckets not roomy...... Those aluminum racin seats look sweet but after ten miles I would punch myself in the nuts to make sure it was only my ass that's asleep ...... Oh and I'm 6-7"

• Like 2

I run a stock bench that I lowered 1.5 inches ...... Best option ..... Tried roadster buckets not roomy...... Those aluminum racin seats look sweet but after ten miles I would punch myself in the nuts to make sure it was only my ass that's asleep ...... Oh and I'm 6-7"

they are surprisingly comfortable.... compared to the ranger buckets i had before any way   B) but true on the bench...would have ran one if i could for sure.

I'm updating my post: These are the absolute smallest buckets I could find, out of a 2000 Miata. Here they are just sitting in the empty shell of my cab, but I will be fabricating seat brackets for them. I removed the Miata seat rails and will have them fixed on the floor. I'm 6'6" and 320 lbs, so I need as much clearance in the cab as I can get. Together with a shortened steering column I will be able to slip in and out of the cab easily and not hit my head on the roof. I'm a big guy and I like small cars, go figure.

jg4vEhT.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I should mention that I have been looking for a 521 seat FOREVER. I can't find one anywhere within 500 miles, and ads on here are pointless. But thanks for the advice.

Where are you located? I have a stock bench seat I just removed out of my truck