521 KA24DE engine swap- Australia

datrat521

Hi guys new on here,from Australia, my old man and me are building a 521 pick up from the ground up with a KA24DE 5 speed engine and box ready to put in, need help with Engine Mounts, we pulled a J16 out of it about a month ago, we have the engine and box and are ready to do the conversion, wondering if there is anybody out there who fabricates these brackets?? I have noticed a bloke selling KA mounts for 620's but no 521's!!! HELP NEEDED!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here the J13s had a placement of the engine motor mount brackets much different than the L16s. An L motor can't easily be put into the earlier 520 or L521 that had them. I could be wrong but I believe the J mounts on the frame are much more forward then those that had L motors. Wayno would likely know more about it.

I sell the 620 mounts. I haven't got my hands on a 521 yet to work up mounts for those.

There are a couple guys that have done the swap here, but they both did different things to get them to fit. One of those things was hammering the firewall which I would try to stay away from if possible.

Your best bet is to stick it in there and get some measurements.

Here the J13s had a placement of the engine motor mount brackets much different than the L16s. An L motor can't easily be put into the earlier 520 or L521 that had them. I could be wrong but I believe the J mounts on the frame are much more forward then those that had L motors. Wayno would likely know more about it.

I know the J13 mounts are on the front of the engine, and I know the L16 mounts are in the middle of the engine, I have no idea where the J16 mounts are, I heard they are in a different spot, that is what I heard, and you all know how that can go sometimes, I have never seen one myself.

Here you go, this is supposed to be a photo of the J16/J18 block, it's not mounted like the J13 at all.

29408610007_large.jpg